9/27- Sox vs Tigers, 4:00, NBCSC

flavum

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This is it huh.  Do we have any tank implications or can I just root for a sweep and a TA batting title?

If the Sox sweep, the Pirates sweep the Reds, and the Angels lose 2 to the Astros, Sox drop from 10 to 12. Unlikely, yes, but a couple losses this weekend would help.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, flavum said:

If the Sox sweep, the Pirates sweep the Reds, and the Angels lose 2 to the Astros, Sox drop from 10 to 12. Unlikely, yes, but a couple losses this weekend would help.

10 most likely at this point?  What would it take to move up to 8 or 9? 

• bmags pinned this topic
21 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Any talk of “tanking” to get  a better pick in the draft is inappropriate at any point in the season. It is an insult not only to the players and the organization but the fans as well. Go Sox!

Not as insulting as the lack of logic of those who don't understand how better draft picks can mean a better future.  I for one want to win in the long run.  You hold on to your meaningless wins in 2019.  I want multiple runs at a championship.  

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Sanchez never sits.   If Ricky is here next year, we need to take his toy away.  

Crazy thing is I wouldn't mind Yolmer back as a utility guy but the way Ricky plays him (seems like he and Abreu are his favorites) I'd rather not see him back. I can easily see Ricky playing him over Madrigal if Madrigal struggles even alittle. 

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Crazy thing is I wouldn't mind Yolmer back as a utility guy but the way Ricky plays him (seems like he and Abreu are his favorites) I'd rather not see him back. I can easily see Ricky playing him over Madrigal if Madrigal struggles even alittle. 

If Ricky played Sanchez over Madrigal I would join the lynch mob on this site.  

47 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Any talk of “tanking” to get  a better pick in the draft is inappropriate at any point in the season. It is an insult not only to the players and the organization but the fans as well. Go Sox!

AMEN, brother.  Screw the tankers.

This rebuild is progressing very nicely thus far and will bear even more fruit next year and the years after.  The difference between getting the 9th versus the 11th draft pick next year is of minimal importance.  Let's wrap up the season on a high note and win as many as we can.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

AMEN, brother.  Screw the tankers.

This rebuild is progressing very nicely thus far and will bear even more fruit next year and the years after.  The difference between getting the 9th versus the 11th draft pick next year is of minimal importance.  Let's wrap up the season on a high note and win as many as we can.

Consider the 2017 draft as an example of why 1 or 2 spots can make a difference.

Pick 9: Keston Hiura MIL: having a great rookie season

Pick 10: Jo Adell LAA: one of the top prospects in baseball.

Pick 11: Jake Burger

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

If you ask a few peeps here they would tank forever. But then complain about the losing.... Go figure...

• Like 1