9/27- Sox vs Tigers, 4:00, NBCSC

flavum

45 minutes ago, flavum said:

Damn you, Wegner!

Just kidding. Yeah, no point in expanding. Minor league season is long over anyway.

Sometimes they have a few youngsters keeping fresh in AZ in case of injuries during a pennant chase. Not our problem I guess. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, skooch said:

In some alternate timeline ...

The difference between getting the 7th versus the 8th draft pick in the 2015 draft is of minimal importance

#7 Andrew Benintendi

#8 Carson Fulmer

Walker Buehler was selected 24th and the Dodgers wouldn’t trade him for Benitendi I would imagine. Maybe they didn’t win enough.

I just noticed Directv, which goes out every time it rain is near, hasn’t agreed to carry NBC S.C. .i get this through my homeowner assessments, so I don’t have a choice to change providers. Seems I will have to steam if nothing comes together. Dish doesn’t have a deal either. The White Sox might be unavailable to half the homes in the area. 

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I just noticed Directv, which goes out every time it rain is near, hasn’t agreed to carry NBC S.C. .i get this through my homeowner assessments, so I don’t have a choice to change providers. Seems I will have to steam if nothing comes together. Dish doesn’t have a deal either. The White Sox might be unavailable to half the homes in the area. 

Youtube TV is the way to go. I cut the cord on Directv when they refused to lower their price a few months ago.

51 minutes ago, skooch said:

In some alternate timeline ...

The difference between getting the 7th versus the 8th draft pick in the 2015 draft is of minimal importance

#7 Andrew Benintendi

#8 Carson Fulmer

And you think the Sox would have picked Benintendi if they had the 7th pick?  Based on their draft history , I’m not so sure.

1 minute ago, bubba phillips said:

I believe that is now 6 games that have been postponed against Detroit this season.   That must be some sort of record for rainouts against one team in a season.

4/20 at Det

4/27 at Chi

7/2 at Chi

9/27 Game 1 at Chi, postponed

9/27 Game 2 at Chi, cancelled 

Expecting Sunday to get called, and they end up with 160...which would help the draft pick situation. 

Need at least a split tomorrow.

Number of 1st Round Draft Pick All Stars Per Year

2015= 2  (#2 and #24) Sox picked #8 (Fulmer)

2014= 3 (#7, #10 and #25) Sox picked #3 (Rodon)

2013= 2= (#2 and #9) Sox picked #17 (Anderson)

2012= 7 (#1, #10, #11, #16, #18, #19, #22) Sox picked #13 (Hawkins)

2011= 9 (#1, #3, #6, #8, #9, #11, #14, #18, #29) Sox had no pick?

2010= 8 (#1, #3, #5, #7, #12, #13, #19 and #23) Sox picked #13 (Sale) Covey was picked #14 but didnt sign.  Yelich was #23

Not saying be an all star is the be all, end all of success, but only 16/60 Top 10 picks from 2010-2015 achieved this so far.  

And since 2012, of all of the current All stars (14) the Sox passed on 8 of them. 

- Walker Buehler

- Aaron Nola

- Michael Conforto

- Matt Chapman

- Lucas Giolito

- Corey Seager

- Michael Wacha

- Marcus Stroman

2 hours ago, HoosierSox said:

Youtube TV is the way to go. I cut the cord on Directv when they refused to lower their price a few months ago.

Dtv broke when att bought it. It was once the only good cable/internet/phone (utility) company in the country. Great customer service, always took care of you if you were a long time customer. Could call and get new customer price, Sunday ticket discounts and etc.. 

Then att bought them and they went to complete shit.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Have they tried punching Yolmer in the face every time he hits a fly ball?  Maybe that would discourage him.  It’s one of the hardest things for me to watch

The weird thing is that he showed a little bit of pop a couple of years ago to the point that he was a solid regular.

This year he makes Juan Pierre look like Giancarlo Stanton.