9/28- Tigers vs Sox Game 2, 6:00

flavum

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Stone blaming Anderson but that is just as much on Abreu. A good defensive 1B makes that scoop. Hell the ball wasn't even hard to scoop up it was more a bounce to 1B.

I know TA flips bats and all, but that routine throw was not only low and in the dirt, it was also wide. He is a major leaguer. Throwing it at least near 1B shouldn’t be an issue. 

I get a kick out of how many people say scoops are easy. I would love to see all of you try it one day. It would probably be as laughable as that bar that had people kicking 43 yard field goals.

• Like 1

Cue Balta's Omar Narvaez will end up creating more value for the Mariners (three more years on his contract) than Alex Colome does for the Chicago White Sox argument of the last 9 months.

Padres, surprisingly, in Garrett Richard's third comeback start, beating Robbie Ray and the D-Backs in the desert.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Tank loss, supreme!!!

Otoh, Colome's second half leaves a lot to be desired, and there's not a plethora of solid closers on the FA market...and JR never likes to overspend on relief pitchers, not after Dotel, Linebrink and Robertson.

Maybe they should try putting a competent defense on the field for a change.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Tank loss, supreme!!!

Otoh, Colome's second half leaves a lot to be desired, and there's not a plethora of solid closers on the FA market...and JR never likes to overspend on relief pitchers, not after Dotel, Linebrink and Robertson.

I am sure giving Scott Linebrink $13 mil over a decade ago will influence the decision making this year.

Robertson was also a disaster for the Sox.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I am sure giving Scott Linebrink $13 mil over a decade ago will influence the decision making this year.

Robertson was also a disaster for the Sox.

I can't tell you how many arguments I've read in the last 4-5 years here at SoxTalk that that deal wasn't bad at all for the White Sox...that it was a "coup" for Rick Hahn, even (except against the Royals).

• Haha 1