Sign in to follow this  
flavum

9/28- Tigers vs Sox Game 2, 6:00

Stone blaming Anderson but that is just as much on Abreu. A good defensive 1B makes that scoop. Hell the ball wasn't even hard to scoop up it was more a bounce to 1B.

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Stone blaming Anderson but that is just as much on Abreu. A good defensive 1B makes that scoop. Hell the ball wasn't even hard to scoop up it was more a bounce to 1B.

I know TA flips bats and all, but that routine throw was not only low and in the dirt, it was also wide. He is a major leaguer. Throwing it at least near 1B shouldn’t be an issue. 

I get a kick out of how many people say scoops are easy. I would love to see all of you try it one day. It would probably be as laughable as that bar that had people kicking 43 yard field goals.

• Like 1

Just now, Baker said:

Pauli’s scooped those in his sleep. 

Hell he made much more difficult scoops look easy.

Just want to chime in that Colome should be non-tendered. Definitely not a closer you want to count on next year.

• Haha 1

Tank loss, supreme!!!

Otoh, Colome's second half leaves a lot to be desired, and there's not a plethora of solid closers on the FA market...and JR never likes to overspend on relief pitchers, not after Dotel, Linebrink and Robertson.

Cue Balta's Omar Narvaez will end up creating more value for the Mariners (three more years on his contract) than Alex Colome does for the Chicago White Sox argument of the last 9 months.

Padres, surprisingly, in Garrett Richard's third comeback start, beating Robbie Ray and the D-Backs in the desert.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just want to chime in that Colome should be non-tendered. Definitely not a closer you want to count on next year.

You don't like him in the set up role?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Tank loss, supreme!!!

Otoh, Colome's second half leaves a lot to be desired, and there's not a plethora of solid closers on the FA market...and JR never likes to overspend on relief pitchers, not after Dotel, Linebrink and Robertson.

Maybe they should try putting a competent defense on the field for a change.

The only thing that would have been better would be Gordon Beckham doing that with 2 outs.

Alas.

Still would be shocked if Verlander doesn't end up with his 21st victory of the season against LAA, down just 1-0.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Tank loss, supreme!!!

I am sure giving Scott Linebrink $13 mil over a decade ago will influence the decision making this year.

Robertson was also a disaster for the Sox.

4 minutes ago, Baker said:

Paulie scooped those in his sleep. 

Quit waxing eloquent about the glory days. LOL. If I keep drinking I may head off to watch old reruns of the 2005 run. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I am sure giving Scott Linebrink $13 mil over a decade ago will influence the decision making this year.

Robertson was also a disaster for the Sox.

I can't tell you how many arguments I've read in the last 4-5 years here at SoxTalk that that deal wasn't bad at all for the White Sox...that it was a "coup" for Rick Hahn, even (except against the Royals).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

Go Angels

We rooting for Cincy over Pittsburgh at this point?