Chris Sale

scs787

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Because so many of our guys got injured, we don't have the prospect depth to be making major trades.  I also don't think it is wise this year to sign free agents who have qualifying offers attached.  You lose your second round pick and the money associated with it.  This year it would cost us Thompson our #14 prospect.  With player graduations it would probably cost us a prospect who might be about #10.  Aside from Cole all the other pitchers offer risk I don't want to deal with.  

If I were running a contending team and I needed one more SP, I would trade Thompson for Wheeler.

• Like 1

I have a question. 

Why would the white Sox, who TRADED sale three years ago for kopech, moncada, basabe, AND 60 million dollars(Boston paid for moncada’s bonus and penalty), want to trade any top prospect for an older and beat up Chris sale that is owed 150 million dollars over the next five years?

Just now, ewokpelts said:

I have a question. 

Why would the white Sox, who TRADED sale three years ago for kopech, moncada, basabe, AND 60 million dollars(Boston paid for moncada’s bonus and penalty), want to trade any top prospect for an older and beat up Chris sale that is owed 150 million dollars over the next five years?

They wouldn't. They'd only take him as a salary dump. 

3 minutes ago, ewokpelts said:

I have a question. 

I don't really want him back at that price. Seems like he will be on a decline soon.

Just now, Tony said:

Not to mention everyone just seems to be overlooking and forgetting him cutting up the jerseys, creating a huge divide in an already bad clubhouse and the Sox FO making sure they traded him that offseason. This is the same Front Office, nothing has changed. 

He's never coming back here. 

I agree with this. 

Chris Sale is not done, he was clearly hampered by an injury all year long and was at times his stellar self. Even in his bad starts his strikeout and swinging strike numbers were good to great. He's still an elite pitcher by definition. Max Scherzer is 35 and going strong and Verlander at almost 40 is still a stud. The wrong side of the 30 argument does not apply here IMO. You can make an argument that his throwing style has put more wear on his arm than your average hurler has and thus might possibly shorten his career.

That being said the elbow and possible looming Tommy John surgery is a viable concern. If he passes a physical which would rule out TJ I would consider taking on the contract if the package is right.

Btw this is my first post on here. Hello everybody.

1 hour ago, Samco said:

Chris Sale is not done, he was clearly hampered by an injury all year long and was at times his stellar self. Even in his bad starts his strikeout and swinging strike numbers were good to great. He's still an elite pitcher by definition. Max Scherzer is 35 and going strong and Verlander at almost 40 is still a stud. The wrong side of the 30 argument does not apply here IMO. You can make an argument that his throwing style has put more wear on his arm than your average hurler has and thus might possibly shorten his career.

That being said the elbow and possible looming Tommy John surgery is a viable concern. If he passes a physical which would rule out TJ I would consider taking on the contract if the package is right.

Btw this is my first post on here. Hello everybody.

Hello yourself.  You are coming on board at a good time.  The next 3 or 4 months are going to be fun.  Lots of euphoria and gnashing of teeth as Rick elates us or disappoints us with maybe 6 or 7 player moves.