A Realistic Offseason

BamaDoc

39 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We shall see if money trumps preference in this case. It's also interesting that his teammates are talking so openly about him wanting to play in Oakland because of his success there. You'd think they'd keep his preferences under wraps out of respect. Unless he asked them to do this to test his market early and give other teams a chance to pay up or find other solutions. 

If you go back a year ago, there were all the Machado/Harper rumors and Nightengale was often quoted. He like many was way off. Remember Manny wanted the East coast?  there will be all kind of Cole rumors this year like last. Hopefully the Sox target who they want while the pack chases Cole. 

19 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

If you go back a year ago, there were all the Machado/Harper rumors and Nightengale was often quoted. He like many was way off. Remember Manny wanted the East coast?  there will be all kind of Cole rumors this year like last. Hopefully the Sox target who they want while the pack chases Cole. 

Yeah but these quotes are coming directly from teammates Cole talks to regularly. They didn't even hide their names in the middle of a championship run. This means if the Sox want Cole they better overpay, or try to get other guys early. 

18 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

He's a guy I'm willing to trade but not sure whether I like him for Joc. I guess maybe I can talk myself into it?

Stiever has more value than to be traded for one year of Joc.  Trade Sanchez...he has one year of overpriced control just like Joc.

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Yeah, but Hosmer and Machado being a Padre means there is no chance Cole is a Padre.

Sure...and Myers.  We shall see.   Maybe JR will finally wake up from his stupor if that happens.

Or we’ll have a parade of posts trumpeting an aversion to “irrational exuberance” on the FA market.  That spreading out money over a whole host of players like 2004-05 is the way to go every time, and that the presence of Harper, Machado, Rendon, Strasburg and Cole alone would mean nothing to the White Sox, other than a looming contract albatross.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure...and Myers.  We shall see.   Maybe JR will finally wake up from his stupor if that happens.

Or we’ll have a parade of posts trumpeting an aversion to “irrational exuberance” on the FA market.  That spreading out money over a whole host of players like 2004-05 is the way to go every time, and that the presence of Harper, Machado, Rendon, Strasburg and Cole alone would mean nothing to the White Sox, other than a looming contract albatross.

Caulfield this is one of your best posts