A Realistic Offseason

BamaDoc

7 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Braves declined Julio Teheran's option. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

No thanks, he would get slaughtered in the AL

I actually would like him on a 1 year next year. He eats innings and is a slight upgrade from Nova.  I figured this after he wasn't put on their playoff roster.

22 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I actually would like him on a 1 year next year. He eats innings and is a slight upgrade from Nova.  I figured this after he wasn't put on their playoff roster.

Not sure how he is an upgrade over Nova. Nova has out-WAR'ed him the past two years. Their FIPS are really close, Teheran has simply been bad the past three years... and that's bad in the NL. Teheran would be a disaster in the AL, imo.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

The intent there would obviously be higher AAV for shorter term.  Still seems crazy, especially with Turner still there.  

A team like the Dodgers would be far smarter to offer 7/$220 or 8/$230 because it's a higher total than what Wash put on the table and it reduces their luxury tax total if they spread the deal out longer. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

A team like the Dodgers would be far smarter to offer 7/$220 or 8/$230 because it's a higher total than what Wash put on the table and it reduces their luxury tax total if they spread the deal out longer. 

5/200 would be crazy, I cannot see that happening despite how good Rendon is. 

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

11 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

Did I????  Everyone is assuming Wheeler and then a scrub/old veteran.. He is my scrub/old veteran

Take a look a his xFIP you wouldn't want anything to do with him. He will get slaughtered at GRF. Even if you want him as a backend starter, he would demand more $$ than one.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Take a look a his xFIP you wouldn't want anything to do with him. He will get slaughtered at GRF. Even if you want him as a backend starter, he would demand more $$ than one.

I want him since he is pretty reliable and will be relatively cheap as a 6 man for a few months while they do whatever it is with Kopech. As a place holder I think he would be fine.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I want him since he is pretty reliable and will be relatively cheap as a 6 man for a few months while they do whatever it is with Kopech. As a place holder I think he would be fine.

The reason his xFIP is north of 5 is he is an extreme flyball pitcher and is allowing a below league average HR/FB rate with the Braves. Moving from a HR suppressing home field to a HR friendly one he is going to get exposed. I dont think he's worth the money unless he's looking for a 1/$8M ish deal.

8 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

The White Sox, home to more placeholders than a Cracker Barrel in rural Tennessee after Sunday services let out.