Trey Mancini

Orioles Get:

Andrew Vaughn

Blake Rutherford

Carlos Rodon

Luis Basabe 

Konnor Pilkington

Who says no? 

Even post-game Cubs' radio call-in lunatics categorically say no, on behalf of White Sox fans.

This comes from the "meathead" take of why wouldn't X/Y/Z club trade any given superstar for 5-6 prospects (even thought the prospects all suck.)

Of course, in this case, you can't trade Vaughn in that type of move.  It's basically crazy talk.  And why you would include Rodon when his value is negative...it would be better just to release him if they don't feel his value will appreciate between now and mid-season 2021.

The rest is just noise/names.

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Stoney was on the Score today and sure as hell made it seem the RF addition would be a lefty hitter.  Mentioned Wheeler and MadBum as the two main pitching possibilities.

Wheeler >>>>>>>>>> MadBum IMO.

I personally think a lefty OF is less critical now with Grandal in the mix.

I am confused by Stone's whole role here. I don't think sox decisionmakers would actually give him stuff knowing his new play to be the sox...whatever he's doing now.

But I also don't think it's uninformed speculation, maybe it's just at the scout level or something.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Morosi was on with those Mac and that other guy yesterday on the Score and said he heard the Astros have interest in McCann and that the Sox match up well for a Jon Gray trade

Interesting.  No idea what the Astros have they could help us.  I’m a huge Gray fan, but would definitely prefer spending the money and getting Wheeler.  Did he say why we match up well?