A Realistic Offseason

BamaDoc

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Since this seems to be a catch-all thread...

what do you think the price for David Peralta would be in a trade? 32 and will be on the last year of his deal. Probably not in the Dbacks long term plans at this point. Makes a lot of sense as a target for as a good LH hitter that has at least been solid in RF in his career. 

Can the D-Backs afford to punt on this season?

Shogo Akiyama per Rotoworld 

Nippon Professional Baseball recently confirmed that outfielder Shogo Akiyama is an international free agent.

That means he is free to sign anywhere without having to go through the posting system. Akiyama, who will turn 32 next April, batted .303/.392/.471 with 20 home runs for the Saitama Seibu Lions. He was once considered a terrific defensive center fielder, but the feeling is that he's declined in that regard in recent seasons. Still, it sounds like there's a good chance he could come to the states next year and there should be interest.

6 hours ago, SkokieSox said:

Shogo Akiyama per Rotoworld 

Nippon Professional Baseball recently confirmed that outfielder Shogo Akiyama is an international free agent.

That means he is free to sign anywhere without having to go through the posting system. Akiyama, who will turn 32 next April, batted .303/.392/.471 with 20 home runs for the Saitama Seibu Lions. He was once considered a terrific defensive center fielder, but the feeling is that he's declined in that regard in recent seasons. Still, it sounds like there's a good chance he could come to the states next year and there should be interest.

I'd rather give him a chance than give Ozuna 100million or re-tread down the terrible Avi path.

22 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Have you ever said anything memorable since you’ve been here..besides chiming in incessantly from the dugout?

Lol.  Coming from the guy that spends a good chunk of his free time on a forum negatively rambling on and and on and on about about mostly nothing.  Comical.  Its always amazed me the amount of time you spend doing something that clearly causes you so much angst.  Its unfortunate, because you definitely have baseball knowledge to share, but instead chose to consistently bring down the quality of this board with your rambling non-sense and pure negativity.  Its a shame.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The big news we've all been waiting for....

Minaya and Despaigne elected free agency.  

I bet the Mexican league is looking for pitchers who have no need to warm up before a game....Odrisamer Despaigne come on down

So to recap our RF suggestions it's

Internal:

- Leury

- Engel

FA:

- Alex Gordon

- Brett Gardner

- Marcell Ozuna

- JD Martinez 

- Castellanos

- Puig

- Avi Garcia

- Calhoun if buyout

-JBJ if buyout

Trade:

- Nimmo

- Conforto

- Pederson

- Marte

- Betts

- Brian Anderson

- Soler

- Schwarber

- Benintendi

- Dahl

- Heyward

- D. Santana

Is that about the thorough list of discussed options?

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Internal:

- Leury

- Engel

FA:

- Alex Gordon

- Brett Gardner

- Marcell Ozuna

- JD Martinez 

- Castellanos

- Puig

- Avi Garcia

- Calhoun if buyout

-JBJ if buyout

Trade:

- Nimmo

- Conforto

- Pederson

- Marte

- Betts

- Brian Anderson

- Soler

- Schwarber

- Benintendi

- Dahl

- Heyward

- D. Santana

I would add Corey Dickerson to the FA list and Gregory Polonco, Nomar Mazara and Ramiel Tapia to the RF list.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I would add Corey Dickerson to the FA list and Gregory Polonco, Nomar Mazara and Ramiel Tapia to the RF list.  

Crap yes. That's what you get when you just scan the leaderboard for qualified outfielders.

14 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

A realistic offseason is a handful of “C” signings. No chance on “A” targets, and unlikely on “B” names.

Correct. I'm thinking Puig. Big name that you won't have to pay a lot for that allows the team to say that they're serious about spending money and competing. Rich Hill will be the veteran who'll anchor the pitching staff.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Internal:

- Leury

- Engel

FA:

- Alex Gordon

- Brett Gardner

- Marcell Ozuna

- JD Martinez 

- Castellanos

- Puig

- Avi Garcia

- Calhoun if buyout

-JBJ if buyout

Trade:

- Nimmo

- Conforto

- Pederson

- Marte

- Betts

- Brian Anderson

- Soler

- Schwarber

- Benintendi

- Dahl

- Heyward

- D. Santana

Mike Tauchman of the Yankees

14 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Correct. I'm thinking Puig. Big name that you won't have to pay a lot for that allows the team to say that they're serious about spending money and competing. Rich Hill will be the veteran who'll anchor the pitching staff.

I think they’ll target Puig for those very reasons...but then he might surprise us by coming her and being great.

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Trade for a RF and then fill your other holes via free agency.  For me, Nimmo or Joc would be fantastic additions depending on the price.

mid-level, expiring trades are always a bit difficult to guess price on. Bigger guess is hoping we are right that there is acceptable motivation from those teams to trade. They both are definitely in compete mode.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Internal:

- Leury

- Engel

FA:

- Alex Gordon

- Brett Gardner

- Marcell Ozuna

- JD Martinez 

- Castellanos

- Puig

- Avi Garcia

- Calhoun if buyout

-JBJ if buyout

Trade:

- Nimmo

- Conforto

- Pederson

- Marte

- Betts

- Brian Anderson

- Soler

- Schwarber

- Benintendi

- Dahl

- Heyward

- D. Santana

How do you not have Tim Anderson or Moncada as internal options for RF?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, bmags said:

mid-level, expiring trades are always a bit difficult to guess price on. Bigger guess is hoping we are right that there is acceptable motivation from those teams to trade. They both are definitely in compete mode.

Sox are in an interesting position with regards to trades in that they do have a few potentially expendable high ends prospects should they choose to go down that road. 

Robert is not going anywhere, but Madrigal/Vaughn/Dunning/Stiever could be dealt in the right deal. 

The best pitching is likely to be snapped up quickly in free agency, so they better have a sound plan if they want to fish at the top of the market.

Edited by steveno89