Sign in to follow this  
BamaDoc

A Realistic Offseason

11 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

What’s your view on Puig if playing on a team where Jose Abreu is the clubhouse leader?  Any chance his potential could be optimized playing in this what seems to be a very Latin-friendly environment on the team?  Just trying to think of any valid reason one might be inclined to go over one year with this guy.  

I don’t think that has any impact whatsoever on years and dollars Sox would be willing to go. I also think Puig is like Plan H at best for the Sox. 

36 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

They will be aggressive to get a seat at the table and then sit back while someone else signs the free agent 

I think that if the Sox go after a big fish this winter it is more likely to be Rendon or Strasburg than Cole. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think that if the Sox go after a big fish this winter it is more likely to be Rendon or Strasburg than Cole. 

Rendon would be incredibly ambitious because you'd have to change your best players position again and probably end up dealing Madrigal.

4 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Rendon would be incredibly ambitious because you'd have to change your best players position again and probably end up dealing Madrigal.

Unless they put Moncada in CF/RF...which is highly unlikely.

I just can't imagine having to move two future studs around (that are cost-controlled) in order to accommodate what will likely be one of the biggest contracts in professional sports.