Rendon thread

Buehrle>Wood

I know Boras won't take that. But for a guy who will turn 30 before the allstar break next year, it's hard to imagine anyone offering much more than that. As much as I get on the Sox for being cheap - I wouldn't want them offering Rendon more than that.

2 hours ago, Sarava said:

I know Boras won't take that. But for a guy who will turn 30 before the allstar break next year, it's hard to imagine anyone offering much more than that. As much as I get on the Sox for being cheap - I wouldn't want them offering Rendon more than that.

Deferrals make it much different. Its basically 14 years 210 million. This is the same shit they did with Harper. The nats have a history of offering big money but not nearly as big as it sounds as they defer a lot of it making it a much smaller offer per year.

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

He would be a dream acquisition. Playoff experience, amazing production and you move Yo to RF where he would be pretty great. Solves all the issues other than catcher. But at that price it won't happen. 

I just don't like the idea of moving Moncada off 3B after his great year.  #1 priority should be to use the $ to get pitching!!!

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Unfortunately yeah, he is not a fit for this team.  Yo isn't moving to RF.

Yoan isn't moving.  But Rendon could play 2B.  Trade Madrigal for RF or pitching.  I wouldn't do it, but its a possible solution.  

23 hours ago, wegner said:

I just don't like the idea of moving Moncada off 3B after his great year.  #1 priority should be to use the $ to get pitching!!!

We have obvious holes to plug at DH, RF and Starters.  Don't waste time and money where we have exceptional talent already.

• Like 1