ALDS- Rays/Astros

flavum

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Make that 4-5 for Avi. Hell of a series for him. 

The funny thing his OPS is still "only" .770 after a 4/5.

On a yearly basis, that wouldn't be enough to warrant full-time play with his defense.  Of course, in the playoffs, you're facing some of the best pitching in baseball, so it's quite acceptable.

It does make you THINK if Avi can be a clean-up hitter for a team on the verge of knocking out the best team in baseball...why not invest another one-year deal into him instead of the dregs we signed and brought in this past offseason?

If ANYONE was likely to be open to staying for the long/er term with the White Sox, it was DEFINITELY going to be this dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Avi making @greg775 look good right now! I'd be making a thread so everybody could eat crow if I was greg

Thanks Ron. I am passionate once in a while and I've been passionate about Avi, mainly because again of the thrills he gave me that incredible season he had with the Sox. He's always passed my eye test and his stats have been fine. Yeah he's sort of a clod defensively, but he's not exactly an embarrassment on defense either. He was 4 for 5 in a huge playoff game. I hope he keeps it up. Sometimes veterans are what you want in the postseason. Bats cleanup tonight, goes 4 for 5. Rays tie the series. Oh I wish Avi could somehow be the hero of Game 5. Odds are huge Astros will pound the Rays into submission however.

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did I say Go YanKees ? I want Rays to beat Stros and Yankees and Avi to lead the way. Then they can beat the Dodgers with Avi named WS MVP . Then we can celebrate Tatis, Semien and Avi all in the same year

One can dream 😃

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

One can dream 😃

Ir might be the only way for the Sox to finally understand that a lot more needs to be done to the infrastructure  to stay in the playoff picture on a yearly basis  if a low payroll team like TB can do it . That's bound to appeal to the Sox doing it on a meager budget. Trouble is they'd have to fire themselves.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ir might be the only way for the Sox to finally understand that a lot more needs to be done to the infrastructure  to stay in the playoff picture on a yearly basis  if a low payroll team like TB can do it . That's bound to appeal to the Sox doing it on a meager budget. Trouble is they'd have to fire themselves.

Yeah the fact that TB can win as many games as they do with the juggernauts in their division simply shows how inept the Sox are year and year out.  Straight depressing man.

Looks like another blowout with 4-0 lead in the first and Cole on the mound at home.

In the end, Astros/Yankees is probably better for promoting the sport of baseball...but TB taking down Boston (regular season), Houston and NY would have been an amazing story of front office and managerial ingenuity if you look at that roster.