ALDS- Rays/Astros

flavum

2 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Side note, John Tumpane the HP Ump today is my Dad's best friends brother.  Local guy grew up in Beverly.

He was a year behind me in high school. We also played in little league together.

30 minutes ago, zenryan said:

The pitching has been there. Just worst possible matchup for the Rays. And maybe anyone really.  

No reason to be mad or even upset. Atleast not getting embarrassed like the Twins lol. 

Yeah the Rays are definitely fighters, they just can't break through that tough Astros pitching.  They have a good chance to win in game 3 as Grienke is not elite like Verlander and Cole.

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Avi 2-3 tonight!!! He has been clutch and hit some absolute bombs.  @greg775

Thanks Ron. I do love me some Avi Garcia. I'd be so happy if they brought him back. If I lived in Chicago I'd buy season tickets for he and Jose anchoring the young lineup and I'm serious.  We could get Avi for 2 years 12 million total probably. JD Martinez is gonna cost so much it'll make our heads spin (caveat: I do not care bout Jerry's wallet shrinking a bit, still bang for the buck Avi might give u that and spend the $$ on pitching, pitching, pitching). p.s: Avi is cleanup hitter on a playoff team tonight for an organization that likes advanced stats, hmmmm....

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1