Kopech hit 100 today

Buehrle>Wood

27 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

That is encouraging.  He's good to go for ST right?

He'll have been recovering for a year and a half at that point, so I can't imagine that he won't be at ST.

Upper 90s and multiple times at 100 is really encouraging news.

Edited by Black_Jack29

16 minutes ago, Black_Jack29 said:

He'll have been recovering for a year and a half at that point, so I can't imagine that he won't be at ST.

Upper 90s and multiple times at 100 is really encouraging news.

If we were in the middle of the season, 12 months out is usually when guys are close to starting a rehab assignment. We're 13.5 months from the surgery for him, so if this was July and not October we'd be talking about him starting in Great Falls sometime soon.

Whether his control is all the way back in ST, no way to know as getting that back is a different beast from getting arm strength back. 12 months for pitching, 18 months for full arm recovery and full arm strength - so we're right on track for that.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Can you imagine how scary a rotation of Cole, Kope, Gio and cease would be. My lord the stuff in that rotation would be historically good. Gio would be the soft tosser in the group lol.

Maybe lopez figures it out.

I dream of Cole ...but Boras will drag it out til March. 

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Woah. I knew he was ahead of schedule...but that is outstanding. It's not unheard of for post TJ velocity increases...can you imagine 98-100 being his normal FB velo going forward. Dang

He was already at 97-100. It would be insane if he actually threw even harder than that. I think the highest I've seen him throw in a game was 101 (although I've heard him hit 102 in Boston's system).

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Can you imagine how scary a rotation of Cole, Kope, Gio and cease would be. My lord the stuff in that rotation would be historically good. Gio would be the soft tosser in the group lol.

Maybe lopez figures it out.

I am not going to back and forth with you  about  this  but there is ZERO chance the White Sox get Cole.

"He’s currently pitching in the instructional league down in Arizona and there’s some video of Kopech, who appears to have a new delivery. It looks like Kopech has a similar delivery to Jake Arrieta and Yu Darvish, who both don’t have a full windup even when there are no runners on base.

You can see that in the first video, where Kopech only takes a slight step before delivery a pitch."

I noticed it, but thought their was a runner on base in the first video. Interesting. 

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

I dream of Cole ...but Boras will drag it out til March. 

Put $220 million on the table at the winter meetings, a genuinely fair starting point, and you can get it done there. Might have to go a little higher than that to complete it, but the formula isn't that complicated.

No one put $330 on the table last year for Harper until the Phillies in February and everyone knew that was roughly the number - beat  Stanton's contract. The only team that met with him at the Winter Meetings, the White Sox, dramatically underbid him, so they waited until they got professional franchises to put realistic offers on the table.  

Love the professional franchises dig.  I’m one of the bigger FO apologists but even I hope Hahn KW or JR sees that.  

Like cmon dudes.  Let’s be world class.  Let’s be the absolute best.  The envy of the league.  Leave the cubs in the ducking dust once and for all.  We have a core that makes theirs look like little league. Foot on the gas time.  

Edited by Jerksticks

7 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Woah. I knew he was ahead of schedule...but that is outstanding. It's not unheard of for post TJ velocity increases...can you imagine 98-100 being his normal FB velo going forward. Dang

He could have pitched for the Sox in September, but they didn't feel it was necessary to ramp it up to major league action and then just shut him back down after a few weeks. He will be more than ready by February.

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Put $220 million on the table at the winter meetings, a genuinely fair starting point, and you can get it done there. Might have to go a little higher than that to complete it, but the formula isn't that complicated.

No one put $330 on the table last year for Harper until the Phillies in February and everyone knew that was roughly the number - beat  Stanton's contract. The only team that met with him at the Winter Meetings, the White Sox, dramatically underbid him, so they waited until they got professional franchises to put realistic offers on the table.  

Yeah, great strategy. In an open bidding process put your near top offer out there right away. 

/s

Why do you root for a team that's not s professional franchise?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run