Kopech hit 100 today

Buehrle>Wood

23 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, great strategy. In an open bidding process put your near top offer out there right away. 

/s

Why do you root for a team that's not s professional franchise?

The dramatically underbidding a guy but producing a fancy video strategy that we tried last season worked so well that Boras and the White Sox didn't even bother talking in January and February. He didn't even bother pretending we were a mystery team while leaking offers.

There is no reason why these things need to play out in February. You know what the guy is going to get. If you want to sign him, put a fair offer on the table, don't waste their time. They could have signed Machado in late December of last year, but they insisted he needed to take a $125 million discount to play with his buddies. Fine, you want too start at $217.1, start there - but make it 100% clear that it's a real offer by going above Price's price, and let them respond. 

And to answer your other question, it's because I have a good chance of living longer than Rick Hahn is GM.

10 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Love the professional franchises dig.  I’m one of the bigger FO apologists but even I hope Hahn KW or JR sees that.  

Like cmon dudes.  Let’s be world class.  Let’s be the absolute best.  The envy of the league.  Leave the cubs in the ducking dust once and for all.  We have a core that makes theirs look like little league. Foot on the gas time.  

Envy of the league would be something to shoot for.

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's twice the talent Cease is 

Yeah, that's not gonna be a no from me. Kopech throws harder, but has much worse balance and a much higher effort delivery. Kopech might have a better peak, but Cease has an incredibly rare low effort/high velocity delivery. Watch some clips of Cease and pay attention to the separation he gets from his upper body to lower body. It's extraordinary. If he can ever master his release point, we're looking at a top 10 pitcher for a very long time. 

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Feels like Kopech is being slept on a bit.  He's twice the talent Cease is IMO and that's saying quite a bit.  He has the sort of movement and velocity you rarely see on his heater.

Cease has better stuff than Kopech.  I think they will both be excellent in a couple years but as an actual pitcher and not a thrower I'm going Cease easy.

52 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Cease has better stuff than Kopech.  I think they will both be excellent in a couple years but as an actual pitcher and not a thrower I'm going Cease easy.

I actually feel it's the opposite but we'll see.  We need to get both guys on the mound next year for 20+ starts and see some development.  Too bad Cooper will likely be over seeing their development.