White Sox Outright Charlie Tilson

Tnetennba

45 minutes ago, Black_Jack29 said:

Fulmer should be out the door as well, but Hahn won't release one of his first-round picks.

There isn't much of a reason to not give Fulmer one more shot.  He's out of options, so its do or die for him him next ST.  

Very likely he is DFA's next March or even early into 2020, but like I said, may as give it one more whirl.  Cutting bait doesn't get you anything, and there is plenty of other fat to trim from the 40 man. 

Edited by ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There isn't much of a reason to not give Fulmer one more shot.  He's out of options, so its do or die for him him next ST.  

Very likely he is DFA's next March or even early into 2020, but like I said, may as give it one more whirl.  Cutting bait doesn't get you anything, and there is plenty of other fat to trim from the 40 man. 

I agree with your strategy, but I think that Hahn would've given up on him a year ago if he didn't draft him so highly.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Joe Borchard for Matt Thornton should remind Sox fans that 1st rounders get extra attempts to salvage something from a failed 1st rounder.

59 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Joe Borchard for Matt Thornton should remind Sox fans that 1st rounders get extra attempts to salvage something from a failed 1st rounder.

Then the Sox need to hope that Fulmer pitches well enough in ST to give him some trade value. If he's out of options, he doesn't have much of a future in Chicago.

From what I've read, Fulmer has a top notch spin rate.  The Sox haven't been able to do a thing with it.  But a team that actually uses analytics would probably love to get their hands on him.  There really several other pitchers who should be out the door before him.

Fulmer needs to not take a minute between every throw and just pitch.  You can tell he's over thinking on the mound.  His stuff is good enough for the league but you can see him battling his brain when he's out there.  Not sure if a change of scenery is going to fix that, even though I know he puts a ton of pressure on himself here and he seems hyper competitive.

8 hours ago, Donaldo said:

That's not the issue with him.  He has great stuff, but poor control.

Which usually points to overthrowing. Coop needs to find some magic for Carson. He is still a bullpen piece due to our lack of depth.