White Sox Outright Charlie Tilson

Tnetennba

Hate thread hijacked and I am continuing that but I wonder if part of trouble is he is being to fine and getting behind hitters because he doesn't trust stuff.  Rather than aiming at corners, missing, then getting crushed could he start pitch over not the middle but six inches from a corner and trust his movement?  Between the ears stuff is hard to fix.  Maybe a lot of mental work, visualization stuff in offseason.  As a competitive golfer in a past life, at higher levels the mental part is more and more important.  Yogi was right, "90% of the game is half mental"!

12 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Fulmer needs to not take a minute between every throw and just pitch.  You can tell he's over thinking on the mound.  His stuff is good enough for the league but you can see him battling his brain when he's out there.  Not sure if a change of scenery is going to fix that, even though I know he puts a ton of pressure on himself here and he seems hyper competitive.

I think this is right.  Slow workers are almost always over thinking it. 

On 10/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, BackDoorBreach said:

Fulmer needs to not take a minute between every throw and just pitch.  You can tell he's over thinking on the mound.  His stuff is good enough for the league but you can see him battling his brain when he's out there.  Not sure if a change of scenery is going to fix that, even though I know he puts a ton of pressure on himself here and he seems hyper competitive.

They can't hit it if I don't pitch it.

2 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

You are kind of right, he only had 1 hit in July in 19 PA.

They gave him May and half of June to show he belonged.   Suffice to say, he did not show that he was going to hit .280 and steal 40 bases 

• Thanks 2