Rumor: Reinsdorf aims to build second place teams

Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Baseball is fun, baseball games are fun and Comiskey Park is a great place to spend a summer afternoon or evening with family and friends. 

Baseball games are infinitely more fun and Guaranteed Rate Field is a far greater place to spend a summer...blah blah blah...when the Sox are winning 90+ games vs. losing 90+ games.  When the team is in a pennant race vs. all of their summer contests being meaningless.  When scoreboard watching is more interesting than Sox Math.  So on and so forth!

17 minutes ago, Tony said:

What he said was true. I always have a blast when I spend an evening at the ballpark. 

You’re just miserable. 

Yes, I’m miserable because I prefer winning baseball over non-winning baseball.  I’ll probably burn in hell for harboring such ideals.

You’re not exactly a bed of rose petals yourself with all of your angry retorts to posters who don’t share your exact point of view on all matters White Sox.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

Yes, I’m miserable because I prefer winning baseball over non-winning baseball.  I’ll probably burn in hell for harboring such ideals.

You’re not exactly a bed of rose petals yourself with all of your angry retorts to posters who don’t share your exact point of view on all matters White Sox.   

I’m sure they prefer winning baseball as well, I’d say 99.9% of people fall into that category. 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:50 PM, Dan of Steel said:

If the plan is to build 2nd place teams, then we've done a sh*tty job of it.

The Sox haven't finished in 2nd place since 2012. Only twice in the last decade. 

You forget, JR was also working on making the Bulls mediocre and helping them to finish 2nd for the top FA's. 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jerksticks said:

I’m sure they prefer winning baseball as well, I’d say 99.9% of people fall into that category. 

That was my only point in response to the original post I responded to - that WINNING White Sox baseball was better than just the game of baseball itself, or certainly the brand we’ve seen this past decade.  

23 hours ago, Tony said:

It’s not about other posters, it’s you specifically being an angry curmudgeon, having one post in your very limited playbook that gets played on repeat. 

Now quick, mention Jerry in a post! 

The next time you go to call anyone else an “angry” anything, take a long look in the mirror first, and then check your own “limited playbook”.  

Those in glass houses...