Sign in to follow this  
Jack Parkman

Something I want everyone to know.

So for the last couple months I feel like I've done a lot of damage to my reputation as a poster. I've put a lot of things out there that I wish I didn't, and it took me until this weekend to realize what was going on. I'm pretty messed up right now.

Not only am I dealing with being on the autistic spectrum, I've been dealing with chronic pain for the better part of 20 years. About two years ago, it started to get really bad and it got so bad by the end of 2018 that I couldn't do anything anymore other than sit at home. I tried to fight through it as much as I could but it just kept getting worse. 

In April, I decided to have surgery to hopefully correct my issues. I've been dealing with the after effects of it(Physical therapy and another surgery) for the better part of the last 6 months. I'm not handling it well. I haven't been able to do much of anything for 6 months. Even so, the PT isn't far enough along that I can work or go do things I enjoy yet. Please forgive me for being an uber grouch for the last 3 months or so because I'm pretty pissed off about how long this is taking and the rate of progress. 

I'm going to try not to post angry anymore and sit on them for 30 mins before submitting. I'm a lot more testy and assholish than normal right now. I have just started to realize I've been posting angry way too much. Please be kind. 

Cheers, 

Parkman. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sports are fun and all but if I were you I'd try to find some other hobbies where your mood cannot be affected by the outcome of games or how teams are managed. 

Believe me, we're all as frustrated as you are that our teams are like this. But there's got to be a more positive thing you can do for your psyche then stew about it on message boards. Like Sunday, Bears lose, that effin blows. In my younger years I may have b****ed on message boards but now it's just on to the next thing for that day. I enjoy good sports conversation, hence why I am here, but there's no sense at all allowing festering negative thoughts to be shared unless you have to absolutely get it off your chest. Which shouldn't be necessary for something as trivial as sports games.

Don't worry so much about it -- back when they had the Filibuster here, I'd get suspended a few times a year, but they kept letting me return for more. ;)

On 10/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, Y2HH said:

Don't worry so much about it -- back when they had the Filibuster here, I'd get suspended a few times a year, but they kept letting me return for more. ;)

If I had the mod option panel to do it I'd suspend you again just for fun.