Projected white sox arbitration salaries 2020

Whisox05

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Assuming Yolmer and Goins are only nontender candidates, we’re at $54M after all the pre-arb and arb costs. With Abreu deal we’re closing in at the $70M mark. We do not have as much payroll flexibility as some may have been hoping for.

Not a fan of the near 20 million Colome and Herrera will be earning

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Assuming Yolmer and Goins are only nontender candidates, we’re at $54M after all the pre-arb and arb costs. With Abreu deal we’re closing in at the $70M mark. We do not have as much payroll flexibility as some may have been hoping for.

Yep, just $40 million more to the presumed $110 mill payroll, and a reminder that we spent 43 mill last offseason.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

20 million between Yolmer, Colome and Rodon could be much better spent on Cole.  It will never happen but I'd non tender Rodon and Yolmer and try and trade Colome for a C+ guy or as part of  a bigger package.

We have more than enough  of payroll right now to sign Cole. Getting rid of those guys isnt going to help the hurdle that the Sox arent going to pay 1 pitcher such a heavy price tag although if they non tender Rodon and Yolmer thatd be fine with me anyways.

Still no reason to get rid of Colome with how our bullpen looks.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

20 million between Yolmer, Colome and Rodon could be much better spent on Cole.  It will never happen but I'd non tender Rodon and Yolmer and try and trade Colome for a C+ guy or as part of  a bigger package.

Non tendering Rodon is 1 of the worst opinions I’ve read on this board in a while...and that’s saying something 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Non tendering Rodon is 1 of the worst opinions I’ve read on this board in a while...and that’s saying something 

It's been talked about quite a bit here...though iirc the arb estimates were a lot higher than this 4.5 million in the op. I agree at that price he should be back, but a little higher I'd question it.

30 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

It's been talked about quite a bit here...though iirc the arb estimates were a lot higher than this 4.5 million in the op. I agree at that price he should be back, but a little higher I'd question it.

Why? SP’s with a pulse start at $8M a year. I realize Rodon’s once very high ceiling is a pipe dream at this point, but giving up on him at this point with the state of this team would be incredibly pointless. Hell who knows, TJ surgery could have been the best thing for Rodon. Even if his arb # was 10M I wouldn’t care. Unless there are some complications from the surgery I’m unaware of, Rodon is easily still capable of putting up the same type of #’s as Odorizzi and Wheeler and people want to give them contracts worth $15-20M per year.

• knightni changed the title to Projected white sox arbitration salaries 2020
5 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

We paid Nova $9M to pitch 200 innings last season. If Rodon could pitch even 80 innings next season he needs to be back, especially with 2 more years of cost control left after 2020.

Rodon has 2 more years of cost control left total. He's a free agent after 2021.  If he comes back healthy enough next season, you have him for 1 more year.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Yep, misread on bbref. Point still stands though.

Honestly it's more an emotional reaction at this point than anything else, but I'm tired of Carlos Rodon. He has not become a better pitcher on our watch at all, he's gone backwards, his stuff has gone backwards, and he's not going to give us anything of real value this year even if he comes back. I get why bringing him back this year is the right move, but I'm just tired of him. 

Maybe he's a solid pitcher out of the bullpen. I no longer believe in him as a starter with this organization. He's my 7th starter this year.

8 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I don't see Sox parting with Leury, and Osich has a future as a LOOGY. We'd be spending a lot more in the open market.

Unfortunately, with rules changing next year, that just isn't that valuable. Unless teams don't pinch hit for their lefties and there is a string of them coming up in one inning (3 batter rule).