Projected white sox arbitration salaries 2020

Whisox05

2 hours ago, Good Guys said:

I would bring back everyone on that list for that price with the exception of yolmer.  In 2016 the white sox were just below league average ($134 million) with a payroll of $129 million.  They have been in the bottom 5 of payroll the last three years while rebuilding and saved a lot of money.  League average in 2019 was $137 million and that's where I would expect the white sox to get back to if they are remotely serious about contending.  They are currently dead last in pre arbitration payroll for 2020 with $23 million on the books.  There is no reason to save and every reason to spend.  I understand that the white sox will never spend like teams such as the Yankees, Dodgers, or Cubs and I don't expect them to.  But I also don't think they should be that far off teams like the Mets and Angel's which both had $160 million payrolls in 2019 and are also considered to be the second teams in their respective cities. 

I've been using this number of 160 million as my projected bench mark on the Sox total spending limit.  With 70 million already accounted for in probable after arbitration spending...that leaves 90 million for RH to acquire the missing pieces.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I've been using this number of 160 million as my projected bench mark on the Sox total spending limit.  With 70 million already accounted for in probable after arbitration spending...that leaves 90 million for RH to acquire the missing pieces.

The problem is you need to leave some flexibility for the young guys’ arbitration raises / extensions or your payroll will quickly balloon past your limit.  If that limit is around $160M (only based on what you’re suggesting), it’s unrealistic to expect that in 2020.  There certainly will be some phasing to all this.  That being said, a league average payroll should be possible IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The problem is you need to leave some flexibility for the young guys’ arbitration raises / extensions or your payroll will quickly balloon past your limit.  If that limit is around $160M (only based on what you’re suggesting), it’s unrealistic to expect that in 2020.  There certainly will be some phasing to all this.  That being said, a league average payroll should be possible IMO.

As I said...the 70 million starting point is including the after arbitration raises.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m talking about future arbitration raises.  Moncada, Giolito, & Lopez will make ~$2M next year, they’ll make a lot more in 2021, 2022, etc.

I agree.  A 160 million budget is still appropriate compared to the 130 frequently being suggested by some of our fellow posters.

9 hours ago, Good Guys said:

I would bring back everyone on that list for that price with the exception of yolmer.  In 2016 the white sox were just below league average ($134 million) with a payroll of $129 million.  They have been in the bottom 5 of payroll the last three years while rebuilding and saved a lot of money.  League average in 2019 was $137 million and that's where I would expect the white sox to get back to if they are remotely serious about contending.  They are currently dead last in pre arbitration payroll for 2020 with $23 million on the books.  There is no reason to save and every reason to spend.  I understand that the white sox will never spend like teams such as the Yankees, Dodgers, or Cubs and I don't expect them to.  But I also don't think they should be that far off teams like the Mets and Angel's which both had $160 million payrolls in 2019 and are also considered to be the second teams in their respective cities. 

Why do you want Goins ? 

Can someone figure out the difference between how Spotrac is calculating the 2016 payroll at $129 million and how everyone else is listing it ($110 million after LaRoche retired but Shields taken on)? In 2016 I had them at close to the lower number but I can't figure out what the Spotrac one is doing to get numbers so much higher than everyone else. 

28 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Goins, Osich, and Yolmer have no business being tendered.  I would decline Marshall as well.

Marshall gave us millions in surplus value last year. Even if he regressed to a 4era pitcher he’s still worth 1.3 mil. Hell hes worth that sitting in the minors as insurance for injuries. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GGajewski18 said:

Goins, Osich, and Yolmer have no business being tendered.  I would decline Marshall as well.

Zero percent chance Marshall is non tendered.  

I would non tender Osich for sure.  Yolmer I actually think signs a cheap 2 year deal around $7M to stay.  Goins is probably gone.  

Edited by ChiSox59