Kyle Schwarber?

SoxSteve

Nomar, Ryan Zimmerman, Michael Young, Pedro Alvarez, Hanley, Cuddyer, Grandal, Frazier, Glaus, and Desmond are a list of players who were better at their harder original positions than they were at 1st base. A handful of them are significantly better athletes.

I pulled this from 2005 to today. The list is likely longer if we go back further.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Can you list the ages of these players when they moved to 1B?  Pedro Alvarez was a better 3B than 1B. Is that a joke.  Hanley Ramirez wasn't good anywhere.  Is Frazier supposed to be Todd Frazier?  When did he move to 1B? Michael Young played 111 career games at 1B.  Troy Glaus played 120. Don't bother looking anything up.  I'm not wasting my time on this any longer

10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Can you list the ages of these players when they moved to 1B?  Pedro Alvarez was a better 3B than 1B. Is that a joke.  Hanley Ramirez wasn't good anywhere.  Is Frazier supposed to be Todd Frazier?  When did he move to 1B? Michael Young played 111 career games at 1B.  Troy Glaus played 120. Don't bother looking anything up.  I'm not wasting my time on this any longer

Yes, when you adjust for positional value Alvarez was "better" at third because despite being bad there it's much worse to be bad at first than it is to be bad at third. He was bad at third and first but given that first baseman are judged vs other first baseman it's bad to be just as negative there.

Kris Bryant is another one who is running lower comparative defensive metrics at first than other positions.

What impact would age make? Wouldnt it be negligible when taking into account that they are moving to a position in which range isnt all that demanding?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run