Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SoxSteve

Kyle Schwarber?

Recommended Posts

Well I know his won't go over well with Sox fans lol but I would try to get Schwarber from the Cubs if we don't have to give up any of our top minor leaguers ( madrigal, Robert, Vaughn, Dunning) He is the perfect DH and plays enough left field to keep Eloy working hard on his defense. Theo loves him so not sure he get moved but I can see 250/350/35/90  at a minimum and probably alot better than that. Don't know if we have the Ammo after those 4 but maybe get creative and do a 3 way trade or as someone else posted take on the Heyward contract. I feel his best ball is ahead of him and he is he perfect age for what we are doing with this end of the rebuild. Just throwing it out there

Edited by SoxSteve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

Well I know his won't go over well with Sox fans lol but I would try to get Schwarber from the Cubs if we don't have to give up any of our top minor leaguers ( madrigal, Robert, Vaughn, Dunning) He is the perfect DH and plays enough left field to keep Eloy working hard on his defense. Theo loves him so not sure he get moved but I can see 250/350/35/90  at a minimum and probably alot better than that. Don't know if we have the Ammo after those 4 but maybe get creative and do a 3 way trade or as someone else posted take on the Heyward contract. I feel his best ball is ahead of him and he is he perfect age for what we are doing with this end of the rebuild. Just throwing it out there

No thanks. He is a left-handed older version of Eloy. Both will hit 35 homers knock in 80+ runs and are below average LF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

No thanks. He is a left-handed older version of Eloy. Both will hit 35 homers knock in 80+ runs and are below average LF. 

he literally said as a DH.... He would be the perfect DH, should we not land Martinez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

he literally said as a DH.... He would be the perfect DH, should we not land Martinez

He is a starter for the Cubs. What starter of ours are you giving up in exchange for him so he can DH? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems repetitive but I thought Rick H said they are looking at DH. Might as well let Collins swing the bat, but that would not be 'all in'. Watching the playoff teams they do not resemble what I usually watch on local TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yuck puke. This is Soxtalk isn't it? Fuck the Cubs. Let them die as the Sox rise. We don't need to help them in any way and we don't need their help either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yuck puke. This is Soxtalk isn't it? Fuck the Cubs. Let them die as the Sox rise. We don't need to help them in any way and we don't need their help either.

well without their help we wouldn't have Eloy or Cease.... Keep being dumb plz. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yuck puke. This is Soxtalk isn't it? Fuck the Cubs. Let them die as the Sox rise. We don't need to help them in any way and we don't need their help either.

Schwarbs is ok but more or less another Abreu type. I don't care if he is a Cub. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure Bruce Levine would say we have to give up Giolito at the minimum if we want "The Natural"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

well without their help we wouldn't have Eloy or Cease.... Keep being dumb plz. 

Lightning won't strike twice in the same spot. Cubs are looking to stay afloat. We got cheap controlled talent for a decent starting pitcher. I prefer the Sox keep their young talent now not trade it away. If you can get Schwarber for Yolmer , Palka, Cordell and any number of names who are likely to be cut loose fine. Otherwise I'd like to keep just about anybody who is going to be mentioned in any trade scenario,

I'm strictly anti getting a DH at this point and that includes JDM . If you are going to rebuild you don't spend a lot of time or money strictly for all hit no field types. Fill positions with baseball player who can play the field and multiple positions if they can be found. Make the team versatile enough to get everyone rest with a guy like Moustakas who can give guys rests at 2nd, 3rd and 1st base along with Grandal . That way we get 2 LH power bats who play positions of need and strengthen the bench also. Spread the money out and save the big bucks for the pitchers,

Not only that if we are keeping Abreu then he will be playing more and more DH . If the Sox sign JDM or make a trade for a DH I will be shocked. Now if anyone can convince me Abreu is leaving I'll change my tune. Between Abreu and Eloy Sox might have DH covered for quite a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lightning won't strike twice in the same spot. Cubs are looking to stay afloat. We got cheap controlled talent for a decent starting pitcher. I prefer the Sox keep their young talent now not trade it away. If you can get Schwarber for Yolmer , Palka, Cordell and any number of names who are likely to be cut loose fine. Otherwise I'd like to keep just about anybody who is going to be mentioned in any trade scenario,

I'm strictly anti getting a DH at this point and that includes JDM . If you are going to rebuild you don't spend a lot of time or money strictly for all hit no field types. Fill positions with baseball player who can play the field and multiple positions if they can be found. Make the team versatile enough to get everyone rest with a guy like Moustakas who can give guys rests at 2nd, 3rd and 1st base along with Grandal . That way we get 2 LH power bats who play positions of need and strengthen the bench also. Spread the money out and save the big bucks for the pitchers,

Not only that if we are keeping Abreu then he will be playing more and more DH . If the Sox sign JDM or make a trade for a DH I will be shocked. Now if anyone can convince me Abreu is leaving I'll change my tune. Between Abreu and Eloy Sox might have DH covered for quite a few years.

Couldn't agree more. Watching the Astros-Rays underscores how important great defense is. IMHO Abreu needs to DH and we need a solid glove playing first who can pick, especially with the error prone youngsters around the horn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

No sense in trading for a DH. Lots of candidates to just sign

Dickerson has been a similar hitter and will only cost money (and probably not that much).  Zero reason to trade for Schwarber who is a nice but overrated player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pcq said:

Schwarbs is ok but more or less another Abreu type. I don't care if he is a Cub. 

I care that he is a Cub. We fleeced them for Q .I don't particularly want to give them a chance to even the score since we compete in the same market. It's best they continue trending down while the Sox trend up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pcq said:

Schwarbs is ok but more or less another Abreu type. I don't care if he is a Cub. 

If that's the case, I don't want him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best I would offer a DH is a 2-3 year contract. I dont want to trade any of our talent towards a DH. 

Only way I'd do this is if for some dumb reason they took our trash (Palka, Cordell, etc.) which wont happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grandal, Avi/Dickerson, Moustakas, flier on Gennett....paired with Wheeler, a RH bullpen arm and older (30+) but decent veteran starter on a 2-3 year or 2+option seems to make a lot of sense and doesn’t come close to $150-160 million payroll mark.

You have lots of options there for DH, two guys for the RF spot who won’t break the budget...upside/flip/recovery candidates in Dickerson and Gennett, left handedness for Lillian, lots of quality veteran leadership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Schwarber can play a very capable 1B.  He would be a very good fiton the Sox.  

If we didn’t have Vaughn coming up soon...Schwarber has just two more expensive arbitration years left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The White Sox don't need a one-dimensional player. No thanks to him at first as well. No thanks period. The White Sox should be looking to do better than this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

If we didn’t have Vaughn coming up soon...Schwarber has just two more expensive arbitration years left.

According to the recent MLBtraderumors article, he's only projected to make $8 million in arbitration next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

The White Sox don't need a one-dimensional player. No thanks to him at first as well. No thanks period. The White Sox should be looking to do better than this.

I would prefer JD Martinez at DH, but Schwarber would be the next best option in my opinion (so I agree they should be looking to do better than this but should be willing to pivot to Schwarber if Martinez doesn't opt out or they don't sign him).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×