Sign in to follow this  
flavum

NLCS- Nationals/Cardinals

Already complaints the Cardinals have home field advantage with a worse record than the Nationals.

I’m cool with eliminating divisions and playing a balanced schedule, but until then, winning a division is better than a wildcard.

Gonna enjoy seeing a couple of my Cub buddies freaking out in this series as they root like hell for the Nats.

I could see this being yet another year when a weak Cardinals team wins it all again against all odds.  Defying logic.  Haha.

7 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Gonna enjoy seeing a couple of my Cub buddies freaking out in this series as they root like hell for the Nats.

Yep. The same fan base that cries when the Sox fans root against them will be pulling hard for the Nationals. But, Cubs, so it’s ok.

Sanchez vs Mikolas

Low 40s tonight. Around 60 degrees Sat afternoon. Dry both games.

Nats in 5

Edited by flavum

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You can cancel the postgame show.  

Jose Martinez just owns him. Fitting he was the one who broke it up.

Nats get some return on their Adam Eaton investment up 2-0 with home games coming up. 

Nats look to have this thing in the bag. Rendon with a hell of a play. Ozuna with a lousy one in the OF.

Edited by ron883

Contracts aside, Albies and Acuna vs Soto and Robles going forward. Is the answer without question Albies and Acuna? My brain says it is, but Soto's lefty bat and potential intrigues me. 

I love it when a player sign a big money free agent contract and his previous team does better without him.

The great thing about baseball is that it is truly a team game. It is unlike any other sport where the team can't put the best player in position to win it. Other players have to perform in the batting order. It's only luck if the best hitter comes up in the big situation. This is what makes baseball so unpredictable.

Edited by ptatc

I like the fact they stuck with Davey Martinez and it worked out.

I know nothing about Martinez but it's a good story that it is working out for them. 

Hopefully they can keep Rendon and Stras.

30 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I like the fact they stuck with Davey Martinez and it worked out.

I know nothing about Martinez but it's a good story that it is working out for them. 

Hopefully they can keep Rendon and Stras.

Agreed on all that, plus I’m rooting for them to win it all the year after Harper had to get every last dollar.

It would also be karma for the Sox to get the prospects to work out from the Sale/Eaton trades. 

Man...Strasburg is getting more expensive every start now. He may compete with Cole for top 2 highest salaries. He has the 2nd best numbers for a starter other than Koufax for first 6 starts of postseason...

• Like 1

Elimination games in the NL this year have arrived at some quick conclusions. Seven runs in the first, now the Cards understand how the Braves felt.