2020 White Sox Team Builder

bmags

EDIT: there was a bug in the first spreadsheet summing up previous AAV, this latest version is corrected.

I was getting annoyed having to go across multiple sites to remember the post-salary arbitration budgets and where we were at, so I put together this google sheet where you can "build" your 2020 team and it will keep track of your budget on the Salary Totals page.

Steps: 

- Click link to copy Google Sheet into your account

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S_GkRq9r-NZaYnyAKsUfEFEg0Lm3BGzF1B5qUVxa-iY/copy

- Pick the players you are going to tender/non-tender

- Select Free Agents to sign (Note that I have pre-filled 2020 salaries for all of them, which gets summed into your salary thread). This also came from SPOTRAC and I noticed some weird omissions so please alert me to any missing ones.

- Trade builder is also available with a select number of players

- Salary Totals gives your 2020 team salary

Go ahead and try it out and let me know what you think! Hopefully this helps cut down on the work. I tried to make a "roster" tab that would fill the FAs into the depth chart but that was too hard.

NOTE: I'd really like to crowdsource the free agent salaries. THis table came from spotrac, where their Market Value metric was available I used it. But Starting pitching and relief pitching was quite hard, so I'd love to tease those out for any enterprising poster who wants to add theirs and we can average them. PM me if anyone does it.

• Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Nice. Thanks for doing this. I had us signing Grandal, Calhoun, Will Smith, Wheeler, and Hill. Total payroll is at 116.7 M. 

And is this re-signing abreu too? 

What was your calhoun trade or did you bank on buyout?

That's a pretty nice offseason that leaves sox open to be players the next year too.

I'd be really pumped about Wheeler and Hill. Hill seems like he'd be a player-pitching coach.

28 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Nice. Thanks for doing this. I had us signing Grandal, Calhoun, Will Smith, Wheeler, and Hill. Total payroll is at 116.7 M. 

Assuming Abreu is in this mix, I think I would be pretty pleased with this offseason.  Would prefer trading for LH RF better than Calhoun, but that would be my only true gripe.  

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

Did you default the check box next to abreu? lol

This rules though, well done

Ha, yeah. I wasn't even trying to be funny just the FA pool is a little overwhelming and I wanted to remind myself to make a decision on signing or not signing.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

And is this re-signing abreu too? 

What was your calhoun trade or did you bank on buyout?

That's a pretty nice offseason that leaves sox open to be players the next year too.

I'd be really pumped about Wheeler and Hill. Hill seems like he'd be a player-pitching coach.

Yeah, sorry for not clarifying, but that included Abreu and banking on a buyout for Calhoun. 

Like you said, it leaves us open to making more moves next season, while addressing some needs this year. 

207a3866-15ab-498f-b53c-a96f7246624bf9d463be-58d2-48ea-ab9f-07f8b77cb3ec

This is my plan A from earlier in this thread. I will probably do one for my plan B too. Comes to 147 mil but I think in the real world it would come to less as I doubt Calhoun or Harris would cost that much (if they did I wouldn’t  want them) 

mostly thanks for making this dude, this was fun to do.

• Like 1

I had this team. I traded McCann for a few prospects after signing Grandal. Also trading a few prospects for Brandon Nimmo. My total salary after the McCann trade would be $111.2M. 

C- Yasmani Grandal - He's on of the best catchers in the game who is a switch hitter and a very good defensive catcher

1B- Abreu

2B- Madrigal

SS- Anderson

3B- Moncada

LF- Eloy

CF- L. Robert

RF- Brandon Nimmo - Still just 27 years old and brings a left handed AB with good OBP and a solid fielder

DH- JD Martinez - A just great pure hitter who won't be a guy that struggles as the DH when coming to the Sox

Bench: Collins C/DH/1B, Brock Holt UTIL, L. Garcia UTIL, Engel OF

SP

Giolito

Zack Wheeler - Has put up very good back to back seasons for the Mets finally overcoming his injuries

Cease

Kopech

Lopez

Bullpen

Colin McHugh - McHugh is a guy that has gone back and forth from the bullpen to the rotation, better as a RP

Ian Hamilton/Jimmy Cordero/Jose Ruiz/Ryan Burr (eventually Tyler Johnson definitely takes this spot)

Fry

Will Harris - Has been a very good reliever for the Astros the last few years and definitely has a few good years left in him. Starts out as the set up man for Colome from the right side

Bummer

Hererra

Colome

Give me this lineup

1. Luis Robert CF

2. Yoan Moncada 3B

3. JD Martinez DH

4. Yasmani Grandal C

5. Eloy Jimenez LF

6. Jose Abreu 1B

7. Brandon Nimmo RF

8. Tim Anderson SS

9. Nick Madrigal 2B

You can't tell me that the lineup doesn't get you a little excited in certain areas. That team has a lot of power. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure the best way to share these? If there is 1...

I did a cynical 1 with how I feel the FO could easily end up screwing this up and ended up with a 105.4 payroll...Jerry is happy already. 

Tendered: Colome, McCann, Garcia, Rodon, and Marshall 

Resigned: Jose-Although I lowered the salary a touch, Jose should be thrilled with 2/28

Free Agent Hitters: Puig, Kendrick(raised the $), Jason Castro

Free Agent Pitchers: Odorizzi, Roark, McHugh, Brach 

It’s gross but I really have a feeling Puig is going to be our “prized” hitter in free agency. And the front office will market him like it was a great signing and continue to treat us like idiots. And likewise, Odorizzi will be the best SP left we can sign.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Not sure the best way to share these? If there is 1...

I did a cynical 1 with how I feel the FO could easily end up screwing this up and ended up with a 105.4 payroll...Jerry is happy already. 

Tendered: Colome, McCann, Garcia, Rodon, and Marshall 

Resigned: Jose-Although I lowered the salary a touch, Jose should be thrilled with 2/28

Free Agent Hitters: Puig, Kendrick(raised the $), Jason Castro

Free Agent Pitchers: Odorizzi, Roark, McHugh, Brach 

It’s gross but I really have a feeling Puig is going to be our “prized” hitter in free agency. And the front office will market him like it was a great signing and continue to treat us like idiots. And likewise, Odorizzi will be the best SP left we can sign.

Instead of saying “I really think”, why not just state “I’m really cynical and will always assume the worst”?

52 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Instead of saying “I really think”, why not just state “I’m really cynical and will always assume the worst”?

Or how about you stop being a whiny b**** and monitoring others posts?

ive posted several off seasons with the Sox having big splash signings. This 1 I chose to do based on recent evidence of Sox free agent signings. Sorry if that triggered you 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2