2020 White Sox Team Builder

bmags

This is pretty sweet, thanks. Although I can't get the code to embed....

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSmfaN_7MDcaNrPUWg51zadq0j6wNwDo-IAbqKHVSSqMbOVb7stcfLssMSEjhpRPSvduH1XU-zhaE12/pubhtml?gid=1921184410&amp;single=true&amp;widget=true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>

I haven't done my official Off-season plan yet, but this at least gives me a good place to start. $155.5M is likely way higher than the Sox would go, but totally within where they SHOULD go if they want to compete. 

I love the idea of having Billy Hamilton off the bench for speed and defense. And starting him and Robert in the same outfield would do wonders for Eloy in LF, removing at least 20% of the area he needs to cover.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

On 10/30/2019 at 2:50 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

This is pretty sweet, thanks. Although I can't get the code to embed....

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSmfaN_7MDcaNrPUWg51zadq0j6wNwDo-IAbqKHVSSqMbOVb7stcfLssMSEjhpRPSvduH1XU-zhaE12/pubhtml?gid=1921184410&amp;single=true&amp;widget=true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>

I haven't done my official Off-season plan yet, but this at least gives me a good place to start. $155.5M is likely way higher than the Sox would go, but totally within where they SHOULD go if they want to compete. 

I love the idea of having Billy Hamilton off the bench for speed and defense. And starting him and Robert in the same outfield would do wonders for Eloy in LF, removing at least 20% of the area he needs to cover.

I believe the WS will spend around 160M.  That should put us around 10th.  I know that others think substantially less...we shall see.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u6iZ27wA64NiZUyIruhD7FiAfvP_nuO6AsPjjVgK6a4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Reasoning: Moustakas can start the season at 2B and be versatile, primarily playing 1B once Madrigal is up. The short term commitment also allows Vaughn to move into 1B quickly if he moves through MiLB quickly, or take a bit longer to develop if needed. I believe that signing Rendon for 3B and moving Moncada to RF is a better solution to RF than any RF available. Grandal upgrades C and DH simultaneously, allowing he, McCann, and Collins to split time between those positions and 1B. Strasburg is IMO the best pitcher on the market. Teheran seems like a value who could be a good mid rotation pitcher. Vizcaino looks like a decent bounceback candidate. Liriano is left handed, could potentially start in a pinch, and could potentially provide long relief in situations where starters have short outings, which we should expect with many young pitchers and pitchers coming off of injury like Kopech, Rodon, Cease, and Lopez. A more "realistic" scenario would be to replace Strasburg with Bumgarner, and a much more disappointing scenario would get rid of Rendon and possibly replace with Abreu.

Edited by Dam8610

• 2 weeks later...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VXqTgcx6Th1fJ8HmqYfeXZXX6HLIDAlOInFyW0Sflz8/edit?usp=sharing  + Josh Lindblom for 2/7M (not an option on the spreadsheet) bringing the payroll to 114

This is my "sign Wheeler, but then go full White Sox everywhere else".

C- McCann/d'Arnaud- 60/40 split

1B- Abreu

2B- Madrigal

SS- TA

3B- Moncada

LF- Eloy

CF- Robert

RF- Markakis/Luery LH/RH split

DH- Collins vs RH and Dozier or d'Arnaud vs LH

Mendick on the bench

Gio

Wheeler

Cease

Lopez

Lindblom

Kopech

Burr/Hamilton/Ruiz

Frye

Marshall

Cordero

Rondon

Bummer

Colome

42 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VXqTgcx6Th1fJ8HmqYfeXZXX6HLIDAlOInFyW0Sflz8/edit?usp=sharing  + Josh Lindblom for 2/7M (not an option on the spreadsheet) bringing the payroll to 114

This is my "sign Wheeler, but then go full White Sox everywhere else".

C- McCann/d'Arnaud- 60/40 split

1B- Abreu

2B- Madrigal

SS- TA

3B- Moncada

LF- Eloy

CF- Robert

RF- Markakis/Luery LH/RH split

DH- Collins vs RH and Dozier or d'Arnaud vs LH

Mendick on the bench

Gio

Wheeler

Cease

Lopez

Lindblom

Kopech

Burr/Hamilton/Ruiz

Frye

Marshall

Cordero

Rondon

Bummer

Colome

Markakis isn’t even a free agent.

Non-tender Yolmer

Trade Luis Gonzalez + Codi Heuer for David Peralta (1 year $8.5M)

Sign Wheeler - 5 year / $95M

Sign Yasmani Grandal 4 years / $72M

Alex Wood - 1 year / $8M

Sign Josh Lindblom - 2 years / $7.5M

Sign Derek Dietrich - 1 year / $3.5M

2020 payroll: ~$130-135M

Late April 26-man roster / lineup:

CF Robert, 3B Moncada, 1B/DH Abreu, LF Eloy, C/DH Grandal, SS Anderson, Peralta RF,  McCann C/DH, 2B Madrigal

BN: Collins, Leury, Engel and Dietrich

Rotation: Gio, Wheeler, Cease,  Wood, Lopez (Kopech / Rodon to come)

Pen: Colome, Bummer, Fry, Marshall, Cordero, Hamilton, Lindblom, Burdi

Dietrich and Leury fill in at 2B and CF first few weeks.  Plenty of money comes off before 2021 to take a run at a real RF to polish the roster. 

Edited by ChiSox59

12 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Non-tender Yolmer

Trade Luis Gonzalez + Codi Heuer for David Peralta (1 year $8.5M)

Sign Wheeler - 5 year / $95M

Sign Yasmani Grandal 4 years / $72M

Alex Wood - 1 year / $8M

Sign Josh Lindblom - 2 years / $7.5M

Sign Derek Dietrich - 1 year / $3.5M

2020 payroll: ~$130-135M

Late April 26-man roster / lineup:

CF Robert, 3B Moncada, 1B/DH Abreu, LF Eloy, C/DH Grandal, SS Anderson, Peralta LF,  McCann C/DH, 2B Madrigal

BN: Collins, Leury, Engel and Dietrich

Rotation: Gio, Wheeler, Cease,  Wood, Lopez (Kopech / Rodon to come)

Pen: Colome, Bummer, Fry, Marshall, Cordero, Hamilton, Lindblom, Burdi

Dietrich and Leury fill in at 2B and CF first few weeks.  Plenty of money comes off before 2021 to take a run at a real RF to polish the roster. 

Dig it, although I gotta think it's gonna take more than those 2 to snag Peralta.  I assume you meant him in RF too, you have him and Eloy tag teaming LF.

10 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Dig it, although I gotta think it's gonna take more than those 2 to snag Peralta.  I assume you meant him in RF too, you have him and Eloy tag teaming LF.

Correct on RF. And I’m not sure it would cost much. Peralta is an impending FA and potential non tender candidate. 

31 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Correct on RF. And I’m not sure it would cost much. Peralta is an impending FA and potential non tender candidate. 

I'm a fan of the guy when he's healthy, I'd like the addition.  Also think we probably should get another solid utility outfielder just in case he goes down for any period of time.  I'm gonna put my fricken hand in the toaster if Engel gets more than a few ABs a week.

22 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

I'm a fan of the guy when he's healthy, I'd like the addition.  Also think we probably should get another solid utility outfielder just in case he goes down for any period of time.  I'm gonna put my fricken hand in the toaster if Engel gets more than a few ABs a week.

Yah, I hear ya.  I wouldn't be against another signing to replace Engel on the 26 man, but was trying to be realistic.  With the roster I presented, I would assume Leury and Dietrich would platoon if Peralta were to hit the DL.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, I hear ya.  I wouldn't be against another signing to replace Engel on the 26 man, but was trying to be realistic.  With the roster I presented, I would assume Leury and Dietrich would platoon if Peralta were to hit the DL.  

We can only hope.  Watching Engel hit was like watching Jose Valentin field a grounder at SS. 

I didn't even notice Peralta won a gold glove this year!?  He only played 99 games, bizarre.

1 minute ago, bschmaranz said:

We can only hope.  Watching Engel hit was like watching Jose Valentin field a grounder at SS. 

I didn't even notice Peralta won a gold glove this year!?  He only played 99 games, bizarre.

Yah - he really is a great fit.  Left handed.  1 year affordable deal.  Above average defense.  Won't require a major prospect to acquire.  Leaves options open to acquire big time RF for 2021. Sign me TF up. 

• Like 1