2019 World Series

flavum

13 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Nah it's fun watching you implode like the psychopath you are.

You blocked me and then bragged about it in your sig like a tool. But go ahead, keep telling yourself it’s because you like laughing at me and has nothing to do with your overall fragility.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Sir said:

So, if the Nats lose this game but manage to come back and win the series, it’ll be the first time EVER that the road team has won every game in the World Series.

The home team won every game in 1987, 1991, and 2001.

So much for the almighty "home field advantage" that the putz commissioner Bud Selig granted to the winner of the All Star Game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, The Sir said:

Uh huh. She wrote 17 paragraphs about it. And you're correct- it's not a complex situation. Taubman did something that was taken out of context by a couple of reporters who doubtfully produced any actual sports benefit by being in the locker room, the Astros denied it, and then they reversed course and fired the guy. It is simple. Yet this lady approached it like she was analyzing the Great Depression.

You're free to disagree. I still don't want people who majored in journalism trying to explain things to me. I'll come up with my own conclusions based on the objective details of what actually happened.

You mean like repeatedly substituting your own baseless “interpretation” of an event for the accounts of multiple eyewitnesses to it (not to mention the conclusions of the team’s investigators with access to far more evidence than you?)  

Bonus:  do you see the irony in simultaneously denigrating these eyewitnesses for supposedly speaking behind beyond their “expertise” — in discussing an event they witnessed — in this situation?

27 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

You mean like repeatedly substituting your own baseless “interpretation” of an event for the accounts of multiple eyewitnesses to it (not to mention the conclusions of the team’s investigators with access to far more evidence than you?)  

Bonus:  do you see the irony in simultaneously denigrating these eyewitnesses for supposedly speaking behind beyond their “expertise” — in discussing an event they witnessed — in this situation?

I was going to make a response, but actually, I'll decline. I've said that this controversy is idiotic and distracts from a great World Series, and I'm going to stick to that. I'm done with this one.

17 hours ago, The Sir said:

You blocked me and then bragged about it in your sig like a tool. But go ahead, keep telling yourself it’s because you like laughing at me and has nothing to do with your overall fragility.

You did it to yourself, son.  Your words have consequences.  If you don't want be a laughing stock it helps to think critically before posting on a public forum.

I am not on here enough to remember why and when I did something but yes, I'll admit it's childish and I will remove it immediately.

6 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

You did it to yourself, son.  Your words have consequences.  If you don't want be a laughing stock it helps to think critically before posting on a public forum.

I am not on here enough to remember why and when I did something but yes, I'll admit it's childish and I will remove it immediately.

I suppose that's fair. Have a nice day!

4 hours ago, The Sir said:

I was going to make a response, but actually, I'll decline. I've said that this controversy is idiotic and distracts from a great World Series, and I'm going to stick to that. I'm done with this one.

Has it really been a great World Series though? Aside from Game One every other game has been a blowout. There's been one single lead change in five games. There's been very little drama.

5 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Has it really been a great World Series though? Aside from Game One every other game has been a blowout. There's been one single lead change in five games. There's been very little drama.

Yeah, it’s been bad tv. Home team has led in three innings in five games. Hopefully 6 & 7 are great, but I feel like the Astros are just going to get it done tonight. If Verlander doesn’t give up anything early, it’s probably over.

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yeah, it’s been bad tv. Home team has led in three innings in five games. Hopefully 6 & 7 are great, but I feel like the Astros are just going to get it done tonight. If Verlander doesn’t give up anything early, it’s probably over.

The Nats gave them a scare but the Astros finally woke up and crushed the gNats on the bottom of their shoes.

8 hours ago, South Sider said:

Hopefully Scherzer is feeling better and will get a chance to pitch. I can't imagine how shitty it feels to be their best pitcher and not able to contribute. 

Not until Game 7. Strasburg’s gonna have to keep ‘em alive.