2019 World Series

flavum

13 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

As is Strasburg. He's having one of the best postseasons of all-time.

Couldn't be more excited for Game 7.

Luckily somebody on the Nats bench told him he was tipping his pitches in the 1st inning. Strasburg just said it now. Was on cruise control after that.

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

Yeah I don't know what Bregman was doing.  It wasn't a game changer homer or anything, maybe a bat flip and move on.  Soto's was pretty momentum changing.

I loved that response by Soto. That was the best. That's how you respond to someone showing you up.

9 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I'm sorry to say this guys but the Astros are not losing Game 7 at home.  I figured a game 7 would come but the Astros are just the better team and it will show tonight. 

It's sad tonight is the last day of baseball for few months.

Counter Point: Max Scherzer

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Counter Point: Max Scherzer

Counter Counter Point:  Is he truly healthy?  He could choke, as a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Astros shelled him.  I know you guys want the Nats to win but I'm strictly a business guy.

10 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Counter Counter Point:  Is he truly healthy?  He could choke, as a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Astros shelled him.  I know you guys want the Nats to win but I'm strictly a business guy.

Potatoes grow in dry soil conditions akin to Mars.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, flavum said:

Yeah, it’s been bad tv. Home team has led in three innings in five games. Hopefully 6 & 7 are great, but I feel like the Astros are just going to get it done tonight. If Verlander doesn’t give up anything early, it’s probably over.

Least-watched World Series ever, apparently.  (My Cub fan friends always tell me it's 2005...)  Strange, I find it more compelling than just about any World Series in the past 5-10 years.

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Not sure i have looked more forward to a baseball game in a while.

I don't really care who wins but I love watching Scherzer pitch and like Grienke.

I think I am liking Soto more and more so I'd like to see the Nats win.

But I dislike Rizoo so much.

Just hope it is a good game. 

Really looking forward to this game 7 as well and just want to see a close, exciting game to finish it off.  Everyone should be available off the bench so it will be interesting to see if the Astros go to Cole before Urquidy.  I guess we will see tonight how big the trade for Grienke was.   I have been finding myself disliking Adam Eaton more and more so I have been rooting for the Astros but I am really just hoping for a great finish to the season.

8 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Least-watched World Series ever, apparently.  (My Cub fan friends always tell me it's 2005...)  Strange, I find it more compelling than just about any World Series in the past 5-10 years.

Last night was better, but there hasn’t been back and forth in these games. Once a team gets a lead, they’ve been keeping it.

This World Series will be remembered for the road team winning at least the first 6 games. We’ll see if it goes to 7, which would be cool.

Need Scherzer to go at least 5.

6 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Why does everyone want Washington to win?  I really don't give a crap about either team, so the default loyalty would be to your team's (White Sox)  league.  No?  Or is that being too old school?

I’m an AL guy, but we just saw the Astros win two years ago, and the Nationals/Expos have never won in their 50 years.
Then you also have some of the off the field stuff with the Astros that’s hard to root for.    And you also have the joy of the Nats winning the year after Bryce Harper turned down a very good offer from a very good organization that’s been trying to win. 

There is that goofy story about the White Sox giving a tryout for Urquidy...meanwhile the Astros scout was hiding behind some trees and then the Astros signed him.  That might have to trump my Eaton dislike....GO Nats!!!

21 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Why does everyone want Washington to win?  I really don't give a crap about either team, so the default loyalty would be to your team's (White Sox)  league.  No?  Or is that being too old school?

I'd be cheering for the Astros but they made a mess of that with their Closer decisions and all the recent stuff going with it.