2nd Generation Rebuild

ron883

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Agreed about two quality players. However, when has a player like Moncada been traded? It's possible his value is too high for other teams to entertain. The trade would need to include 3 studs in it, plus at least one other quality prospect

The Lux/Verdugo/May (probably taking on Turner's or Jensen's salary) for Moncada deal has been bandied about...at SoxTalk.

The problem is that while the latter two look to be solid players, you're betting on Lux to be a superstar to really make it worthwhile.

Then you're without a 3B again in a year or two...and Burger's not exactly next in line for the spot.  Once again, you're having to move someone (Anderson or Lux) to 3B to fill yet another hole that just popped up.

I would say...just go out and sign Rendon, but this is the White Sox we're talking about, after all.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 1:00 AM, ron883 said:

This is what I'm referring to. The idea is intriguing. There's no denying that. This is a move that could pay bigtime dividends. 

Koch's article was written in a totally different context. His idea was to trade Devers along w David Price and his $$ contract in order to resign Betts and JDM. Maybe when the White Sox are up against the luxury tax limit you look to trade rebuild assets to protect other assets.  

11 hours ago, GreenSox said:

The Astros' other key was the ability to constantly regenerate talent out of the farm system.  Sox haven't come close to showing they have those skills.

Have they? Look at the Gerrit Cole trade. Obviously Pittsburgh thought those were quality prospects, but everyone knows who got the better end of that deal because the Astros evaluated their internal talent well and dumped the pieces other organizations were overvaluing. Pretty much the same thing happened with the Verlander trade. Beyond their core, what have they gotten from their farm? Because it looks like the biggest contributions they've gotten outside of their core are getting lucky on Yordan Alvarez and trading overvalued assets.

Edited by Dam8610
Wrong Alvarez

11 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Have they? Look at the Gerrit Cole trade. Obviously Pittsburgh thought those were quality prospects, but everyone knows who got the better end of that deal because the Astros evaluated their internal talent well and dumped the pieces other organizations were overvaluing. Pretty much the same thing happened with the Verlander trade. Beyond their core, what have they gotten from their farm? Because it looks like the biggest contributions they've gotten outside of their core are getting lucky on Pedro Alvarez and trading overvalued assets.

Yordan Alvarez?

16 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They have the skill to talk a big game and SOUND from a PR standpoint like they actually know what they're doing.

Maybe it's a carryover from the Buddy Bell days, when he convinced the Sox to acquire his favorite from KC in Teahen.

Sox have the uncanny ability to acquire guys that are so bad they have to release them. Although somehow I think Teahen and Erstad might have made it a whole season unlike LaRoche, Alonso and a pitcher whose name I forget.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:01 PM, greg775 said:

Sox have the uncanny ability to acquire guys that are so bad they have to release them. Although somehow I think Teahen and Erstad might have made it a whole season unlike LaRoche, Alonso and a pitcher whose name I forget.

Lets see we got Santana, latos, holland...