White Sox listed as interested in Marcel Ozuna by Dominican Reporter

Orlando

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Exactly, which is why if we are giving up a pick and slot money I kinda prefer Grandal.  Kinda stuck in between a rock and a hard place.... Would almost be better to go Grandal, NC, then Ozuna.  I mean Ozuna isn't a slouch with the bat, but the NL/AL thing has scarred me, but for 15MM/yr, I don't think it would hurt AS much if he hit like 240/323/462 in that area... 25 or so bombs, 80ish RBI, I think that's about right for the monetary value.

Grandal did not receive a QO.  He got one is 2018, and cannot get it again.  

16 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

If they deal Collins as part of a package for a left-handed hitting RF, I would sign Castellanos to DH.

I kind of doubt Castellanos is going to want to go to a team that relegates him to DH already. Obviously money talks, but if it’s close, I assume he wants to the field at his age.

I want pretty much nothing to do with Ozuna. I would be OK with Castellanos, but just think stop gap RF is better choice and save the money for a real RF in 2021.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I kind of doubt Castellanos is going to want to go to a team that relegates him to DH already. Obviously money talks, but if it’s close, I assume he wants to the field at his age.

I want pretty much nothing to do with Ozuna. I would be OK with Castellanos, but just think stop gap RF is better choice and save the money for a real RF in 2021.

Yeah I'm thinking Kalhoun is who they sign if they the price isn't right for trade options, which is fine with me if you're improving the rotation with one of the top options, a reliever or two, and maybe upgrade the bench.

2 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I don’t want anything to do with Avi, Ozuna, or Puig. The Sox need to aim higher than that.

I get Avi.

I get Ozuna because he's a shell in the OF, getting older, and up and down at the plate AND will cost a lot.

But Puig I'm not understanding the hate on TBH. Maybe you can let me know why you don't want Puig?

I get it if it's his attitude, that's documented as odd to say the least.

But as a player he is pretty dynamic, no? Speedy, toolsy on offense, power, I don't think he's an awful defender. And by all accounts, he's going to cost very little and even possibly be on a short-term deal which is highly beneficial to what the W'Sox are doing.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Castellanos who's 27 and would rake in the ball park, but Puig as a back up plan is A-OKAY with me. 

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I get Avi.

I get Ozuna because he's a shell in the OF, getting older, and up and down at the plate AND will cost a lot.

But Puig I'm not understanding the hate on TBH. Maybe you can let me know why you don't want Puig?

But as a player he is pretty dynamic, no? Speedy, toolsy on offense, power, I don't think he's an awful defender. And by all accounts, he's going to cost very little and even possibly be on a short-term deal which is highly beneficial to what the W'Sox are doing.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer Castellanos who's 27 and would rake in the ball park, but Puig as a back up plan is A-OKAY with me. 

I don’t know how to tell you this, but Puig isn’t very good and certainly not worth the headaches.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know how to tell you this, but Puig isn’t very good and certainly not worth the headaches.

Puig as our 7th-9th batter taking over for L. Garcia or Adam Engel would be a huge upgrade. 

This as a back up plan? sign me up. I'm not suggesting we make him target #1

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, iWiN4PreP said:

Sure as hell more interested in Ozuna compared to N. Castellanos. Ozuna can't be as bad of a defender as Casty, although casty is 27 and Ozuna is 29... hmmm. 

Nick is bad and clumsier than Avi in RF. Wonder if they would talk with Avi. 

56 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I get Avi.

If the Sox get Wheeler or another top pitcher, I could live with Puig in RF. I’m just not thrilled with him. I think he’s overrated and I don’t know if he would cause problems in the clubhouse. Although the Sox have the Cuban thing going on so it might not be that big of a deal. Either way, I’d prefer Castellanos, David Peralta, Joc Pederson, etc over Puig.