Giolito, Sanchez Gold Glove Finalists

Donaldo

9 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

If by Chance Yolmer wins it, does it make a non-tender look bad?  Or make a non-tender less likely?

In reality, probably not, but I do think his defense is reason to keep him around off the bench...along with his versatility....People are really worried about a difference in $3-4M on here as if they're JR...Having him and Leury off the bench would be real nice,2 productive, versatile players

1 minute ago, ChiSoxJon said:

In reality, probably not, but I do think his defense is reason to keep him around off the bench...along with his versatility....People are really worried about a difference in $3-4M on here as if they're JR...Having him and Leury off the bench would be real nice,2 productive, versatile players

Engel, Yolmer and Garcia are excellent bench player IMO.  Love having Good defense and base running skills for late in the game situations.  I do think the odds are good that Yolmer is non-tendered than brought back at a more workable $ amount.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Engel, Yolmer and Garcia are excellent bench player IMO.  Love having Good defense and base running skills for late in the game situations.  I do think the odds are good that Yolmer is non-tendered than brought back at a more workable $ amount.

Agree fully with this...ideally we can upgrade Engel's bat, but he is one of the premiere gloves in baseball

Being able to have Leury and Sanchez off the bench is a luxury of such that I can't remember here in a long time, signs of a contending team