Sox interested in Dellin Betances?

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Sure. Just weird since he is not a 2020 acquisition.

Zack Britton ruptured his in Dec 2017 and was back pitching in the majors in June 2018. Betances partially tore his in September, so maybe he'll be ready by the start of the regular season. That might be an optimistic timeline (I don't know, I'm no doctor), but I think we expect the worst after what happened with Burger.

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Zack Britton ruptured his in Dec 2017 and was back pitching in the majors in June 2018. Betances partially tore his in September, so maybe he'll be ready by the start of the regular season. That might be an optimistic timeline (I don't know, I'm no doctor), but I think we expect the worst after what happened with Burger.

No surgery necessary, so it seems like he should be ready barring any setbacks in his rehab.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

That’s impressive. I figured the amount of drive would make it as taxing as for basketball. And yeah, burger did ruin this.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s weird is Kinander keeps on spewing rumors and has yet to get one right.  There’s probably some truth to the Joc rumor, but that’s pretty much it.

Outside of the Joc stuff, I just remember him "predicting" in late May that Cease would be called "soon" and it happened about a month later. So, yeah. 

14 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s weird is Kinander keeps on spewing rumors and has yet to get one right.  There’s probably some truth to the Joc rumor, but that’s pretty much it.

What do you mean "get one right" in this kind of instance? He's saying Sox are interested. If Betances signs somewhere else, does that mean hes wrong that Sox were interested?

14 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

What do you mean "get one right" in this kind of instance? He's saying Sox are interested. If Betances signs somewhere else, does that mean hes wrong that Sox were interested?

I mean he has no track record of being a legit insider and keeps throwing out rumors.  Obviously this one is tougher to prove right or wrong, but it doesn’t change his history.  I question that he’s really in the know.

21 hours ago, RTC said:

This signals we have already reached the point in the offseason where:

1- the Sox are linked to everyone 
2 - fans start giving airtime to people like Jason Kinander 

man it’s going to be a long winter

add inured players are much healthier joining the Sox

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

With them having money to spend this would be an intelligent move, but obviously it needs to be a 2 year deal as I don't believe he's going to do much at all in 2020. And we still need 2020 bullpen help regardless.

While I agree we should target a two year deal, why would he not do much at all in 2020?  He’s supposed to be ready by opening day.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

While I agree we should target a two year deal, why would he not do much at all in 2020?  He’s supposed to be ready by opening day.

I don’t believe that at all, but if he is expected to be ready opening day then he should take the best 1 year deal he can get, because he won’t have a QO attached to him if he has a good year. If he thinks he’s healthy, 1/$3 is a better deal for him than 2/$30.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t believe that at all, but if he is expected to be ready opening day then he should take the best 1 year deal he can get, because he won’t have a QO attached to him if he has a good year. If he thinks he’s healthy, 1/$3 is a better deal for him than 2/$30.

I don’t follow at all.  And not sure why he wouldn’t be ready by opening day if he’s not having surgery (baring any setbacks).

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t follow at all.  And not sure why he wouldn’t be ready by opening day if he’s not having surgery (baring any setbacks).

Maybe Balta's view of Achilles injuries has been skewed by Jake "Double Cheese" Burger

Edited by ron883

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

How would 1/3 ever be better than 2/30 for a reliever. He's not getting 27 million in year two regardless of how good he is next year.