Manny B, Cordell, Goins, & Skole outrighted, 40-man now at 35

Sleepy Harold

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

Like I said, moot point now that it's the offseason. 

And the people in the organization who made the decision on who to call up are also gone in order to render it a moot point as their decision making skills no longer matter since they were fired. Right?

49 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And the people in the organization who made the decision on who to call up are also gone in order to render it a moot point as their decision making skills no longer matter since they were fired. Right?

My goodness.

This is almost as dumb as when Sox fans got enraged that they didnt protect Josh Phegley or that 2nd baseman the dodgers claimed who amounted to nothing - Jake Peter?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My goodness.

This is almost as dumb as when Sox fans got enraged that they didnt protect Josh Phegley or that 2nd baseman the dodgers claimed who amounted to nothing - Jake Peter?

Clearly they're not going to fire them for this but people have every right to question their decision making when they make a foolish one. When you make a wrong decision with a low likelihood of hurting you, most of the time it doesn't hurt you, so you can give a long list of names that didn't hurt you that much...and then every so often you do the same thing and it turns into a monstrous mistake, like the time they traded away some random international signing that no one had ever seen play.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

My goodness.

I don't think it's dumb to call in to question the way the Sox evaluate their marginal players. Obviously Mercedes is not the next all-world talent, but he outhit Skole in AAA this season, so to me, not finding out what he can do is the "dumb" move.

17 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Clearly they're not going to fire them for this but people have every right to question their decision making when they make a foolish one. When you make a wrong decision with a low likelihood of hurting you, most of the time it doesn't hurt you, so you can give a long list of names that didn't hurt you that much...and then every so often you do the same thing and it turns into a monstrous mistake, like the time they traded away some random international signing that no one had ever seen play.

…..after they had given him a bonus of $800,000.

I’ve said it before with regards to Yermin, but Sox likely feel they had a better shot of keeping him in the org this way. He’s unlikely to be taken in the rule 5 draft as a DH, cause he can’t catch. If Sox added him to 40 man and then DFAd or out righted him if they needed the spot, he’d be gone to another team that wouldn’t have to keep him on the 25 man all season. Yermin probably isn’t a major league player, so I’m not going to get too worked up on it, but I would venture a guess the Sox felt it would be easier to retain him as depth this way. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Bad process can have a good result and vice versa.  The Sox continually use bad process and hope for better long term results.  Not playing Mercedes over Skole is bad process and at the margins this stuff matters over a long enough time period.  

• Like 1