Zack Wheeler Thread

caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I don't trust this dude. Just like all the "insiders" last year. Makes a bold claim and then gets all cryptic. If they sign him, he will claim he had a source, if they don't he will say he never said he was in the know. 

I mean, he's far more connected than just some random twitter/soxtalk dude.  

Just now, mqr said:

Except know this one has a real connection to the White Sox. He isn't just some dude. 

I agree with that BUT I would also point out that there were many people with obvious connections making claims last year that never came to pass.....

Just now, Orlando said:

I agree with that BUT I would also point out that there were many people with obvious connections making claims last year that never came to pass.....

A lot of those people were right up until the minute they suddenly weren't

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Sure, but the tweet I quoted made it seem as if the Sox would sign 2 legit starters. Seems like a waste of resources to me. Sign 1 (wheeler) and then get a cheap guy that can make 10 or so starts and then shift to the pen. 

Yah, I mean that's not going to happen. Its going to be a good rotation piece like Wheeler/Ryu/Madbum and then a 1 year deal SP like Wood, Miley, Hill, Gio Gonzalez, Smyly, Porcello, Etc.  Assuming (hoping) the first one is Wheeler, I expect the 1 year stop gap add to be a lefty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, I mean that's not going to happen. Its going to be a good rotation piece like Wheeler/Ryu/Madbum and then a 1 year deal SP like Wood, Miley, Hill, Gio Gonzalez, Smyly, Porcello, Etc.  Assuming (hoping) the first one is Wheeler, I expect the 1 year stop gap add to be a lefty. 

Yup. I think the 1 year add is Wood or Hamels. I'd prefer Wood but Hamels is a vet and more reliable. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Absolutely NEEDS to be a lefty with this scenario likely being true. Miley is my choice as well.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Absolutely NEEDS to be a lefty with this scenario likely being true. Miley is my choice as well.

IMHO, It would be amusing to see Gio Gonzalez actually pitch for the White Sox after trading him away so many times.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think Hamels is beating a 1 year deal. JMO. 

I'd give Hamels two years if we get Wheeler, and he is the last best option. If we don't want him, we'd be able to trade him next year anyway. Hamels may turn out to be a very good lefty bullpen arm down the line. 

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Trying to look at rumors from random people (and even from some of the experts) on Twitter is what will destroy you. 

Last year proved how unbelievably hopeless that was. 

I strongly suggest avoiding posting that type of BS. 

LET US HAVE FUN YOU FUN-SUCKER!

6 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

We highly scouted him during the draft... When wanted him at pick 26 (I believe we got Burdi) but he went at like 23..

Missing out on Benintendi and Lux sucked. Both were heavily linked to the Sox in their respective drafts. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Trying to look at rumors from random people (and even from some of the experts) on Twitter is what will destroy you. 

Last year proved how unbelievably hopeless that was. 

I strongly suggest avoiding posting that type of BS. 

We are all in now. Dive in and get wet. 

• Like 1

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

Were only around 81 million still after Grandal.  I believe we were at 63 after Abreu and arb.

Add Wheeler at 20 and Castellanos at 16 or 17 per and our payroll is still under 120 million.

You're missing the 10-15 minimum salary guys that fill out the roster. They were just about $70 after Abreu, assuming no Yolmer and counting those guys. This pushes them to nearly $90.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

You're missing the 10-15 minimum salary guys that fill out the roster. They were just about $70 after Abreu, assuming no Yolmer and counting those guys. This pushes them to nearly $90.

Does spotrac not account for that?  They have us pegged at 64 before adding Grandal.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Zack Wheeler Thread
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic