Cole or Strasburg?

wegner

With each of them dominating the last 2 nights I wanted to pose the question.

This is not asking whether the Sox would pay the market price for either guy but all things being equal, who would you choose to anchor the White Sox staff starting next year...Cole or Strasburg?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Idk. I almost like the fact that injuries have limited the miles on his arm

After how much both have pitched this year I wouldn't he surprised if both had down years next year.

I agree that it is very possible that both have down years next year for that reason.  That being said, I really love the combination of pure stuff and demeanor of Strasburg on the mound and so I would pick him. 

By the way, I did not start this thread with any feeling that the Sox would realistically pursue either of them.  I was just curious who others here would prefer for the Sox hypothetically.  I was not meaning to suggest they would pursue the 2 whales of the pitching market this year. 

5 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Same. I'm not even going to bother getting my hopes up.

Hate to say it, but we glad we can all accept it now

I think many of us expecting to go nuts in FA are going to be let down

This is the same team that had the same opportunity a year ago and spent $30M on suck, mediocrity, shit, shit, suck, and productive on a good day

That being said, I do expect an improved, entertaining, winning ball club with several solid pickups

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the Sox wanted to immediately be World Series threats you’d sign both and look to acquire some cheaper help at RF & DH.  Obviously that wild never happen and would be an incredibly risky plan, but my god the potential of toe rotation would be insane.

The crazy thing you could do with that is trade Cease for someone who shouldn't otherwise be available, a Conforto perhaps. 

Cole slight preference. Happy with either. More concerned that Cole wouldn't do well here because of our difference in pitching (and everything really) philosophy from the Astros, though Giolito's improvement makes me feel better about that.

41 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Cole for sure, but I almost feel like Strasburg would be the better play for the Sox since they can let the other teams actually willing to give out record breaking deals fight over Cole, and meanwhile the Sox can make Strasburg feel like the only pitcher in the room and go straight for the heart.

This sounds like a 1980's Bon Jovi or Wilson Sisters power ballad.