Cole or Strasburg?

wegner

34 minutes ago, Good Guys said:

Cole signs with the Angels or Dodgers.  If Rendon signs with the Nationals and Strasburg opts out the white sox could be on a short list for his services.

A Strasburg/Cole pickup would be massive, but believe it when I see it

Assuming we whiff on them I really don't want to overpay a Ryu, Wheeler, or MadBum

On 10/31/2019 at 1:58 AM, Good Guys said:

Cole signs with the Angels or Dodgers.  If Rendon signs with the Nationals and Strasburg opts out the white sox could be on a short list for his services.

8 hours ago, beckham15 said:

Oh boy....that time of year again. Cole is the obvious choice here but strasburg is more realistic of the two. With that said I don’t think the Sox land either of them.

But they'll have a seat at the table.

Edited by GradMc
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GradMc said:

But they'll have a seat at the table.

And what does a seat at the table accomplish? Do you get points for how many seats you've had at tables and can thus cash them in to save money on future FAs? Can these seats be cashed in for wins or to move up in the draft? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

So after game 7, Cole was wearing a baseball cap with the Boras Corp logo on it?

Does anyone else find that to just be a very odd thing to do?

If anything its a good indication that he'll go to the highest bidder.

Definitely weird though.

Edited by bschmaranz

20 hours ago, beckham15 said:

Oh boy....that time of year again. Cole is the obvious choice here but strasburg is more realistic of the two. With that said I don’t think the Sox land either of them.

I don't think so either.  Guys like that land on teams that are thisclose to being World Series contenders.  The White Sox are not one of those teams.

1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

I don't think so either.  Guys like that land on teams that are thisclose to being World Series contenders.  The White Sox are not one of those teams.

Cano and the M’s would be an obvious exception.  A-Rod and the Rangers, although any team acquiring him would have believed they were instant contenders because he was that dominating at the time.

Edited by caulfield12