Jump to content
wegner

Cole or Strasburg?

Recommended Posts

Cole signs with the Angels or Dodgers.  If Rendon signs with the Nationals and Strasburg opts out the white sox could be on a short list for his services.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Good Guys said:

Cole signs with the Angels or Dodgers.  If Rendon signs with the Nationals and Strasburg opts out the white sox could be on a short list for his services.

A Strasburg/Cole pickup would be massive, but believe it when I see it

Assuming we whiff on them I really don't want to overpay a Ryu, Wheeler, or MadBum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sarava said:

I'm sure Strasburg will opt out. But it's kind of hard to imagine him not re-signing with the Nats. 

This is what I think happens.  He's not going to just leave money out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

This is what I think happens.  He's not going to just leave money out there.

Yup, hard to see him in any other jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy....that time of year again. Cole is the obvious choice here but strasburg is more realistic of the two. With that said I don’t think the Sox land either of them.

Edited by beckham15
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 1:58 AM, Good Guys said:

Cole signs with the Angels or Dodgers.  If Rendon signs with the Nationals and Strasburg opts out the white sox could be on a short list for his services.

 

8 hours ago, beckham15 said:

Oh boy....that time of year again. Cole is the obvious choice here but strasburg is more realistic of the two. With that said I don’t think the Sox land either of them.

But they'll have a seat at the table.

Edited by GradMc
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Prediction: They don't even have a seat at the table

Until they prove that the money "will be spent" I will assume that seat will be at the kid's table

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Until they prove that the money "will be spent" I will assume that seat will be at the kid's table

What tables has CWS sat at? Machado, Tanaka, who else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GradMc said:

 

But they'll have a seat at the table.

And what does a seat at the table accomplish? Do you get points for how many seats you've had at tables and can thus cash them in to save money on future FAs? Can these seats be cashed in for wins or to move up in the draft? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for the original question. I'd take Strasberg. But this being the  White Sox, I'd settle for Zack Wheeler.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after game 7, Cole was wearing a baseball cap with the Boras Corp logo on it?

Does anyone else find that to just be a very odd thing to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wegner said:

So after game 7, Cole was wearing a baseball cap with the Boras Corp logo on it?

Does anyone else find that to just be a very odd thing to do?

If anything its a good indication that he'll go to the highest bidder.

Definitely weird though.

Edited by bschmaranz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wegner said:

So after game 7, Cole was wearing a baseball cap with the Boras Corp logo on it?

Does anyone else find that to just be a very odd thing to do?

Didn't he also say he wasn't an employee of the Astros as well prior to his interview? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Didn't he also say he wasn't an employee of the Astros as well prior to his interview? 

Yep, something like that.  He was definitely being an asshat...thus the choice of headwear :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

What tables has CWS sat at? Machado, Tanaka, who else?

Harper and Boras, in Las Vegas, first meeting where we don’t even know if an official offer was extended...

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, beckham15 said:

Oh boy....that time of year again. Cole is the obvious choice here but strasburg is more realistic of the two. With that said I don’t think the Sox land either of them.

I don't think so either.  Guys like that land on teams that are thisclose to being World Series contenders.  The White Sox are not one of those teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bubba phillips said:

I don't think so either.  Guys like that land on teams that are thisclose to being World Series contenders.  The White Sox are not one of those teams.

Cano and the M’s would be an obvious exception.  A-Rod and the Rangers, although any team acquiring him would have believed they were instant contenders because he was that dominating at the time.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wegner said:

So after game 7, Cole was wearing a baseball cap with the Boras Corp logo on it?

Does anyone else find that to just be a very odd thing to do?

Makes me think I might not want him after all.  Not much of a team guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×