Tonight's game showed why Abreu can't be our 1st baseman

ron883

Gurriel made multiple picks that Jose Abreu misses, 100%. The White Sox want to start contending next year. There is absolutely no reason to play a horrible fielder at 1st base when you can DH him. Having a guy who can't make a pick to save his life is demoralizing for the pitchers and infielders.

Sox need to say screw it to the loyalty BS and stick Jose's ass in the DH spot. Ideally he goes to DH next season. If he is still the 1st baseman after next season, then we have HUGE issues. 

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

Gurriel made multiple picks that Jose Abreu misses, 100%. The White Sox want to start contending next year. There is absolutely no reason to play a horrible fielder at 1st base when you can DH him. Having a guy who can't make a pick to save his life is demoralizing for the pitchers and infielders.

Sox need to say screw it to the loyalty BS and stick Jose's ass in the DH spot. Ideally he goes to DH next season. If he is still the 1st baseman after next season, then we have HUGE issues. 

:lolhitting

5 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

What am I missing here?  The post attacked Abreu's total lack of fielding ability and that he should be the DH only.  His offensive numbers  were not attacked so they don't need to be defended.

Exactly. I would be happy with him as DH, just not 1B

This is almost a moot point for a couple of reasons that everyone knows -

Abreu has stated he wants to play here in a more sincere way than many free agents do. He appears to really mean it.

Jerry Reinsdorf has indicated he would like him to remain on the WS and he looks like he means it.

Abreu is admired by players and most fans for his humble, business-like approach.

He can hit and maybe will see better pitches in an improved 2020 line-up.

I predict that re-signing Abreu will be one of the first major things the Sox do in the off-season.

22 minutes ago, tray said:

This is almost a moot point for a couple of reasons that everyone knows -

Abreu has stated he wants to play here in a more sincere way than many free agents do. He appears to really mean it.

Jerry Reinsdorf has indicated he would like him to remain on the WS and he looks like he means it.

Abreu is admired by players and most fans for his humble, business-like approach.

He can hit and maybe will see better pitches in an improved 2020 line-up.

I predict that re-signing Abreu will be one of the first major things the Sox do in the off-season.

I predict that you're right

Vaughn already is a solid defensive 1B. He'll be the starter there by 2021. Give Collins 60-70 starts at 1B in 2020. See if he can play

there as a solid back up.  An awful lot of things will have to go right to compete in 2020. 2021 we could be a World Series contender.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:11 PM, ron883 said:

Sox need to say screw it to the loyalty BS and stick Jose's ass in the DH spot.

I'd personally love to see your passion criticizing other areas of the team/organization. Just pay Jose between 13 and 16 million a year for 2 years with a third year option of some kind and get the offseason going.