Sox trade rights to Welington Castillo to rangers

bmags

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

As we keep saying, they have this offseason to prove they’re not cheap as hell 

We should add up how much we saved in international and see if it matches the overage in the amateur draft

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

That's exactly what this is, nothing more, nothing less. 

Ahh nuts. I misread it at 1st thinking the Sox had got bonus pool money. Typical Sox BS with the IFA bonus pool money. It's funny because I was just looking at the Sox trades and transactions of the last few years and I have made posts in the past regarding their use of that money. Way to use that money to sustain success White Sox. The farm system will surely benefit from always dumping bonus pool money.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

So they did this to save 250k.  Well I for one see the Sox spending large amounts of money on premier free agents.   I cant wait to see what we get this offseason.  

Or spin how their lower offer is better than a higher offer

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

So they did this to save 250k.  Well I for one see the Sox spending large amounts of money on premier free agents.   I cant wait to see what we get this offseason.  

Theoretically they saved themselves $750k. $500k buyout on Castillo and $250k they could have spent in the international free agent market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Or spin how their lower offer is better than a higher offer

I read the above wrong.  They are not saving anything.  If anything it saves them 750k, the 500k buyout and 250k of mythical dollars they would of spent on IFA.   Still doesnt make me feel comfortable when they offer future bucks.  

3 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Theoretically they saved themselves $750k. $500k buyout on Castillo and $250k they could have spent in the international free agent market.

I responded right below my initial response.  I misread it.   Still less than a mill.  Sad.  I look forward to our 35 year old free agent on his last legs or a broken pitcher who needs a one year deal to rebuild his value.  

Edited by southsideirish71