WHITE SOX SIGN Grandal 4/$73, Palka DFAd

Whisox05

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They’ve always liked Grandal...makes me wonder if Castellanos is next. It’s funny that Hahn mentioned the 4 big needs and then signs someone else to a huge deal.

Grandal does help with one of those needs, and he said they were looking for flexibility at DH

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Terrific hitter in Grandal. Just what the Sox need too with a good hitter that can walk and get on base, nice move. McCann can catch Grandal to DH, Collins to RF.... That's hot baby!!!!!

Collins to RF?  That sounds absolutely horrid from a defense perspective.  The video game mentality of X player can just be moved to X position doesnt work in the real world.  

My guess is they move Collins.  

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’ve always liked Grandal...makes me wonder if Castellanos is next. It’s funny that Hahn mentioned the 4 big needs and then signs someone else to a huge deal.

This improves OBP, defense, left handedness and DH.  While Hahn didn't specifically say catcher, it checks some boxes.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Collins to RF?  That sounds absolutely horrid from a defense perspective.  The video game mentality of X player can just be moved to X position doesnt work in the real world.  

My guess is they move Collins.  

That would be stupid to move Collins. He is Grandal but only 25 and can improve.