WHITE SOX SIGN Grandal 4/$73, Palka DFAd

Whisox05

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Wow Yasmani on 670 right now. This host just asked him “being from the NL you are used to seeing how packed Wrigley is, how up to speed are you with how far down the pecking order the Sox are in Chicago”

I turned the radio off after I heard Parkins and McNeil say this will likely be the only real signing, but it's better than nothing. This was right after Bruce and his "now they just need to find a lefty bat who hits 25+ homer" comment. 

To even ask the question above is just embarrassing but I expect nothing more from that station since the Sox left and the Cubs moved in.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

He paused and said something along the lines of “hopefully we can change that “

I'm really really going to enjoy the Cub demise and the White Sox ascension over the next 3-5 years.

The Cubs gotta might fat and arrogant, but reality is about to hit them hard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Fun start to off-season, but regular season matters most.  Grandal certainly is a proven guy, hopefully his body can hold up as he is a big overall upgrade in the lineup (and I think there is still plenty of opportunity for McCann still too, who is a very good defensive catcher in his own right).  Will be interesting to see whether Collins becomes trade bait.  Hard to say with Collins since he made a lot of strides late last year (swing looked like it might actually play after the adjustments made).  

Enough play for everyone while great mentoring for Collins.  All catchers where down in a long season...this keeps fresh players on the field.  Love it.

25 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I can't stand most of the score hosts tbh.  Not only are people like Holier than thou Bernstein insufferable, they try and put their politics into way too much.  Julie and Maggie is a dumpster fire.  Parkins I can't stand either. 

Wasn't Parkins one of two tools who showed up to GRF with the banner trying to lure Machado to the Cubs?

29 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I can't stand most of the score hosts tbh.  Not only are people like Holier than thou Bernstein insufferable, they try and put their politics into way too much.  Julie and Maggie is a dumpster fire.  Parkins I can't stand either. 

I was an intern at The Score 5 years ago. Yeah, Bernstein was in love with himself. Mully and Hanley were cool. Especially Hanley. 

1 hour ago, cjgalloway said:

I was on a phone call with a client when the news dropped.. Got an alert with my phone saying White Sox sign Grandal... and my minmd went blank.. I literally spaced out for 30 seconds and made my client repeat everything LOL

I was at work and began to yell "holy sh*t!"... before changing it to "holy sh-COW!" Lol

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I never minded Mully or Hanley when he was still on.  Lawrence Holmes is good, Chris Rondji(?) is good.  But they have a TON of bad.

Yeah, I have moved up to Michigan since. So, it's been a while. I have always liked Lawrence Holmes. Mully/Hanley were good. I hate Dan Bernstein. So, I sort of appreciated their more straight-forward and non-sensationalist approach. 

Hanley treated me like more than a coffee fetcher. Gave me real work to do for the show. Which was nice of him. lol

2 hours ago, wegner said:

I have the memory of a good closer....forget about last offseason...sign Wheeler soon and I will break out in a happy dance.  Although this move was so under the radar that I have no clue what they are going to do next.  But I am very excited to find out.

I think Wheeler is an excellent guess for move #2.

1 hour ago, Black_Jack29 said:

Most managers won't do this because if your catcher gets hurt and you replace him with your backup catcher who is currently playing DH, you lose the DH. I suppose that the Sox could carry three catchers on their 25-man roster and rotate them at DH, but that seems unlikely, especially with Jose needing a day off of 1B once a week or so. I think it's more likely that Collins gets dealt.

I'm pretty stoked about his move, even though the Sox didn't really need a catcher. They got a nice bat at a nice price. I'll be even more excited when they sign a #1 or #2 SP.

I expect a few teams will use the extra spot for a hitter who can catch and fill in around the diamond.