WHITE SOX SIGN Grandal 4/$73, Palka DFAd

Whisox05

Obviously the 31yr old with a proven history of pitching good/great seasons. Plus postseason experience is just a plus. If your going to throw $20+ million dollars at a pitcher you might as well go after the whales instead of settling for a guy that may not have hit his potential. Doing that more times than not bites you back big time. Wheeler is not worth 20+ a season

5 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

I'm pretty sure it was only Greg who thought that. 

It was only me cause I thought he resembled Manny Sanguillen and Carlton Fisk in terms of height. I think Timmy's BA at that time wasn't near what it was last year and I said his stats would be excellent for a catcher. People were furious and it might have been why I got suspended 6 months. I forget but it mita been the Tim thing as people thought I was trolling rather than my brain working overtime.

i have no take on today's trade, just hoping he's a stud for us. I do think it would be logical to trade McCann for a reliever now and let Collins learn from and back up Grandal.

• Haha 1

Daniel Hudson's another guy who has had a really long/extended career despite having two operations.

The biggest point is that even two surgeries for starting pitchers is no longer a death sentence, like it used to be a decade or so ago (I think Chris Capuano was one of the first, but he wasn't a classic stuff guy, either).

But it's also a risk.   The success rate is 80%ish for one surgery and closer to 60% for two, from everything available online.

1 hour ago, Gtrams42 said:

I don’t get the love for Wheeler. To me he’s like that girl you ask out to prom after your 1st  two options kindly tell you nah. Especially for a 29 yr old with TJ history. 

He's basically poor man's Cole.  100mph, 2+ pitches and he's going to be cheaper.

2nd half of 2018 he was one of the best pitchers in baseball. I think he can get there again.

3 minutes ago, Gtrams42 said:

I would start off at Rutherford, Zeby, and Hansen. Don’t know if that’s too much or little. The game idea of Marte and Robert covering 2/3 of the OF is pretty exciting 

That’s way too little.  Zavala & Hansen have very little value and don’t think Blake is a headliner caliber prospect for a guy like Marte.