WHITE SOX SIGN Grandal 4/$73, Palka DFAd

Whisox05

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

how unprofessional do you have to be to ask that question to a MLB player who chose to join your show?

Are you referring to the Machado thing or Grandal? He actually went to GRF when the O's played here with a huge banner trying to get Machado to sign with the Cubs. I don't know who the host was today with Grandal. It may or may not have been Parkins.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Was it Parkins today?

If so, shame on him. He's supposed to be an upcoming star in sports radio and this is completely foolish. The Machado thing last year was ridiculous, but this is beyond stupid.

He's a fucking punk.  He has that aura of arrogance Bernstein has.

• Like 1

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

He's a fucking punk.  He has that aura of arrogance Bernstein has.

I was almost looking forward to actually listening to the Score on the way home for once...but f%&$#%^ them.  I guess I will try ESPN radio...Waddle isn't too annoying and I will just have to try to stomach Silvy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was almost looking forward to actually listening to the Score on the way home for once...but f%&$#%^ them.  I guess I will try ESPN radio...Waddle isn't too annoying and I will just have to try to stomach Silvy

Throw on the podcast of the Holmes show.

8 minutes ago, mqr said:

Throw on the podcast of the Holmes show.

Terrific idea...I do like Lawrence Holmes.  I think he used to do the bit about Thome's homies on days when the Sox were off and he was doing a nightly show years back. 

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fwiw, Chris Rongey is long gone.  Back in StL, not even sure he’s still in sports broadcasting at the moment.

Connor McKnight kinds of grows on you with his earnest enthusiasm, he’s no Dave Wills, but decent at least.  He at respects callers, for the most part.

Rongey is on 101 espn in st Louis 

33 minutes ago, wegner said:

I haven't tuned in to that station for 4-5 years and haven't missed it at all!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flavum said:

That was McNeil who asked the question. 

"How aware are you of how far down on the pecking order the White Sox are in this town? even when they're winning they don't get on the front page."

What is the point of asking that question?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

"How aware are you of how far down on the pecking order the White Sox are in this town? even when they're winning they don't get on the front page."

Don't worry, he'll be taking his quarterly leave of absence any day now

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yep I just finished listening as well, McNeil is a piece of garbage for bringing that up.

Also to note, it sounds like Grandal has a superior work ethic and is very serious about it.  He texted Collins "Get ready to work", shortly after his signing.  That would be great if he took him under.  Also stated he plans to get the staff better than it was last year.

5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yep I just finished listening as well, McNeil is a piece of garbage for bringing that up.

Also to note, it sounds like Grandal has a superior work ethic and is very serious about it.  He texted Collins "Get ready to work", shortly after his signing.  That would be great if he took him under.  Also stated he plans to get the staff better than it was last year.

We have a great catcher/DH/backup catcher situation.  If anything help Collins develop...this will.  Two excellent mentors.