Jump to content
aeichhor

WHITE SOX SIGN Grandal 4/$73, Palka DFAd

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Tony said:

👀👀👀

Fuck I’m excited!

Me too. I like this move and I certainly think it shows the Sox are ready to spend money for quality players. I am looking forward to our next moves 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjgalloway said:

LOLLL This is hilarious

Senor Jerry's Fort Knox is only open for Cubanos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Or we may just hear "we signed he 2 biggest contracts in franchise history this year."

I hope! But not if one of them is Keuchel/Bumgarner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this was a nice surprise after not looking at Twitter all day! Brewer fans are pissed. It's interesting to see how far off they think we are from actually being good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Plus Grandal never played for the Reds, so he's safe. :)

He was traded as part of a package with Yonder Alonso for Mat Latos. Bad juju. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

how unprofessional do you have to be to ask that question to a MLB player who chose to join your show?

Are you referring to the Machado thing or Grandal? He actually went to GRF when the O's played here with a huge banner trying to get Machado to sign with the Cubs. I don't know who the host was today with Grandal. It may or may not have been Parkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan49 said:

Are you referring to the Machado thing or Grandal? He actually went to GRF when the O's played here with a huge banner trying to get Machado to sign with the Cubs. I don't know who the host was today with Grandal. It may or may not have been Parkins.

Grandal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Grandal.

Was it Parkins today?

If so, shame on him. He's supposed to be an upcoming star in sports radio and this is completely foolish. The Machado thing last year was ridiculous, but this is beyond stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Was it Parkins today?

If so, shame on him. He's supposed to be an upcoming star in sports radio and this is completely foolish. The Machado thing last year was ridiculous, but this is beyond stupid.

He's a fucking punk.  He has that aura of arrogance Bernstein has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

He's a fucking punk.  He has that aura of arrogance Bernstein has.

I was almost looking forward to actually listening to the Score on the way home for once...but f%&$#%^ them.  I guess I will try ESPN radio...Waddle isn't too annoying and I will just have to try to stomach Silvy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was almost looking forward to actually listening to the Score on the way home for once...but f%&$#%^ them.  I guess I will try ESPN radio...Waddle isn't too annoying and I will just have to try to stomach Silvy

Throw on the podcast of the Holmes show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackout Friday said:

Where’s Tim gonna play?

Post of the offseason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mqr said:

Throw on the podcast of the Holmes show.

Terrific idea...I do like Lawrence Holmes.  I think he used to do the bit about Thome's homies on days when the Sox were off and he was doing a nightly show years back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fwiw, Chris Rongey is long gone.  Back in StL, not even sure he’s still in sports broadcasting at the moment.

Connor McKnight kinds of grows on you with his earnest enthusiasm, he’s no Dave Wills, but decent at least.  He at respects callers, for the most part.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Fwiw, Chris Rongey is long gone.  Back in StL, not even sure he’s still in sports broadcasting at the moment.

Connor McKnight kinds of grows on you with his earnest enthusiasm, he’s no Dave Wills, but decent at least.  He at respects callers, for the most part.

 

Rongey is on 101 espn in st Louis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was almost looking forward to actually listening to the Score on the way home for once...but f%&$#%^ them.  I guess I will try ESPN radio...Waddle isn't too annoying and I will just have to try to stomach Silvy

I haven't tuned in to that station for 4-5 years and haven't missed it at all!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ptatc said:

I'll take Fisk and Officer Karkovice.

I'll take Grandal & McCann.  Karko had a great arm...I'll give you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I missed all this! Hate when sox break news on busy days

 

edit: the day is great but chatting about it is what makes it fun before the fun police come at me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, flavum said:

That was McNeil who asked the question. 

"How aware are you of how far down on the pecking order the White Sox are in this town? even when they're winning they don't get on the front page."

What is the point of asking that question?

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That was McNeil who asked the question. 

"How aware are you of how far down on the pecking order the White Sox are in this town? even when they're winning they don't get on the front page."

What is the point of asking that question?

Don't worry, he'll be taking his quarterly leave of absence any day now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely love this move. It’s time to start winning. Add good veteran pieces to help with this young core. Let’s fucking go. Been awhile since I’ve been this excited 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That was McNeil who asked the question. 

"How aware are you of how far down on the pecking order the White Sox are in this town? even when they're winning they don't get on the front page."

What is the point of asking that question?

Yep I just finished listening as well, McNeil is a piece of garbage for bringing that up.

 

Also to note, it sounds like Grandal has a superior work ethic and is very serious about it.  He texted Collins "Get ready to work", shortly after his signing.  That would be great if he took him under.  Also stated he plans to get the staff better than it was last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.... it looks like now we're hoping they don't do robot umps in 2021 right? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yep I just finished listening as well, McNeil is a piece of garbage for bringing that up.

 

Also to note, it sounds like Grandal has a superior work ethic and is very serious about it.  He texted Collins "Get ready to work", shortly after his signing.  That would be great if he took him under.  Also stated he plans to get the staff better than it was last year.

We have a great catcher/DH/backup catcher situation.  If anything help Collins develop...this will.  Two excellent mentors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×