Whisox05

WHITE SOX SIGN Grandal 4/$73, Palka DFAd

Terrific hitter in Grandal. Just what the Sox need too with a good hitter that can walk and get on base, nice move. Way to jump on him early! McCann can catch, Grandal to DH, Collins to RF.... That's hot baby!!!!!

Edited by Chisox378

This is awesome.  Outside of a SP, this had to be their #1 target.

Get Wheeler & Dickerson (or someone like him) & this could be the best offseason they have ever had outside of 2005 offseason.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Does this spell the end of McCann?

Nah. More likely Collins and or Zavala. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but is a friend of Machado? /gn

Let's goooo! Hopefully the first of many and a great signal to the rest of the FA class that we mean business

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chisox378 said:

Terrific hitter in Grandal. Just what the Sox need too with a good hitter that can walk and get on base, nice move. McCann can catch Grandal to DH, Collins to RF.... That's hot baby!!!!!

Wut

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Wanne said:

I wouldn't think so.

Nice catching combo

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They’ve always liked Grandal...makes me wonder if Castellanos is next. It’s funny that Hahn mentioned the 4 big needs and then signs someone else to a huge deal.

Grandal does help with one of those needs, and he said they were looking for flexibility at DH

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

Terrific hitter in Grandal. Just what the Sox need too with a good hitter that can walk and get on base, nice move. McCann can catch Grandal to DH, Collins to RF.... That's hot baby!!!!!

Collins to RF?  That sounds absolutely horrid from a defense perspective.  The video game mentality of X player can just be moved to X position doesnt work in the real world.  

My guess is they move Collins.  

I can easily see Grandal being a 4-5 win player for the next 2 years. This is a huge get and great market value if he declines at a reasonable pace.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They’ve always liked Grandal...makes me wonder if Castellanos is next. It’s funny that Hahn mentioned the 4 big needs and then signs someone else to a huge deal.

This improves OBP, defense, left handedness and DH.  While Hahn didn't specifically say catcher, it checks some boxes.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Keep him for depth unless he's a part of a MAJOR trade. 

• Like 1

Guys....this is so amazing.  Get Wheeler, trade for a RF, and fill in a couple gaps with cheap stop gaps and we got a fucking SQUAD!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Collins to RF?  That sounds absolutely horrid from a defense perspective.  The video game mentality of X player can just be moved to X position doesnt work in the real world.  

That would be stupid to move Collins. He is Grandal but only 25 and can improve.

1 minute ago, BamaDoc said:

This improves OBP, defense, left handedness and DH.  While Hahn didn't specifically say catcher, it checks some boxes.

Yeah not complaining, just find it funny

I saw the tweet from the official sox twitter and thought it was a fake like the fake Rosenthal account. Double checked and was genuinely shocked.

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

Welp lol

Its a great thing, man! Be happy!!  Sox mean business.  

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man would it be nice for an early Grandal signing to really set the tone for this offseason.

This was quite a timely post!

• Like 2