Yolmer wins a GG

soxfan49

54 minutes ago, Tony said:

Good for Yolmer. I’m still Ok with him coming back for a lesser deal, but not at his arb price 

Great for Yolmer.  Him coming back for less than his arb price is probably the plan.  Hope to see Sanchez & Engel back in bench roles.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Great for Yolmer.  Him coming back for less than his arb price is probably the plan.  Hope to see Sanchez & Engel back in bench roles.

I think you and I are the only ones okay with this lol. Engel is an excellent late inning pinch runner or defensive replacement, as is Yolmer whose bat probably hits better pff the bench anyhow. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Some people must have forgotten how poor his defense was in first month of season, or maybe April doesn't count. 

I want to say he had 3 errors in one game at one point in April. Dropped every line drive hit to him.

EDIT: Technically he did not. He had 3 errors in the first 5 games of the year, but maybe I'm conflating errors with misplaying some balls.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

On 11/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, ChiSoxJon said:

Awesome, I remember seeing him in A ball years ago back as Carlos, well deserved

Hopefully we bring him back as a plus, versatile defender off the bench

Sanchez/Engel/Garcia are all welcome back as backups.  They are all ideal for that role.  And yes...Sanchez needs to settle for a few less bucks than arbitration would call for.

• Like 1