JDM staying in Boston

Buehrle>Wood

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

No it does not guarantee he's staying in Boston. They still need to cut payroll somewhere. 

Maybe not 100% but probably 99%. He gets to adjust his no trade which will now include teams like the White Sox and Texas, leaving a bunch of teams that have a DH and don’t spend money. So to trade with these teams who need a DH,, even if giving up nothing, Boras will need some more money to waive it.

Edited by Dick Allen

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Maybe not 100% but probably 99%. He gets to adjust his no trade which will now include teams like the White Sox and Texas, leaving a bunch of teams that have a DH and don’t spend money. So to trade with these teams who need a DH,, even if giving up nothing, Boras will need some more money to waive it.

People here were willing to give up a slight bit of cash as a free agent signing, I don't see a problem with that concept. 

On 11/4/2019 at 8:31 PM, BackDoorBreach said:

There were only like 4 maybe 5 teams that would have a need for him as a FA.  Even less when you start talking about what is essentially a 1 year deal.  Sox and Rangers would make sense but you would eliminate teams like the Mariners and Blue Jays.  

14 hours ago, beckham15 said:

This kid will be correct eventually but I think he is just pulling things out of his ass at this point. The White Sox are interested enough where they are willing to give up assets for what could be a 1 year deal, but not interested enough to make him opt out? Doesn’t really add up.

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This kid will be correct eventually but I think he is just pulling things out of his ass at this point. The White Sox are interested enough where they are willing to give up assets for what could be a 1 year deal, but not interested enough to make him opt out? Doesn’t really add up.

I really wanted JDM but unless they want Carson Fulmer or some trash in AA it makes no sense to trade for him considering the opt out next year.