Castellanos

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I was thinking that I'd rather flip Abreu and Eloy. Putting the 2 LH hitters; Moncada and Grandal together, is not the optimum lineup.

It does load up a lot of right-handed hitters in the bottom of the lineup, but I'd rather put Grandal and his OBP in the 3 hole than burry it in the middle of the order. 

9 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Comerica is fucking terrible, especially for an alley to alley hitter like Castellanos.

I don't understand. I thought that Comerica Park's spacious outfield, would be ideal for gap hitters. While it's not conducive to homers, it's fine for doubles.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea the thing is his bat really "doesn't play" for a guy without a position.  Career wRC+ of 111.  Career fWAR 10.2 in basically 6 full seasons.   He's a more consistent, healthier Avi.   What is that even worth?  Certainly not 200 million at an AAV of 20.  I would offer 5 years 90 see what he thinks.

5 years 90 for the same stats as Avi, 27 HRS, 80 RBI and the same age. ... Interesting. What makes this guy so valuable compared to some of greg's faves who don't make a lot of cash? Hit .289. Baseball intrigues me. I guess he'd be fine to fill our RF vacancy. I did read Cubs fans want to re-sign him so there's that.

Edited by greg775

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There will be 15 to 18 teams competing for each of those guys?  Sounds like the most active free agency in baseball history!

Obviously... cumulatively, across those three players.   5~6 legitimately interested parties per player.   Wheeler could easily be 6-8 alone, if not higher.   Or you disagree? 

28 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Well there's a reason he hit 58 doubles (46 the year before).

Precisely what I thought. Playing in Guaranteed Rate Park, I would expect more homers and fewer doubles, which would be fine. His home run production spiked, when he was traded to the Cubs, although he also continued to hit doubles.

Edited by Lillian

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Obviously... cumulatively, across those three players.   5~6 legitimately interested parties per player.   Wheeler could easily be 6-8 alone, if not higher.   Or you disagree? 

5 to 6 for each I agree with, I thought you were suggesting a good 18 teams would be after each one of them.  I still think we should easily be able to afford all three guys, whether or not Hahn can actually execute that plan is another story.

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

5 to 6 for each I agree with, I thought you were suggesting a good 18 teams would be after each one of them.  I still think we should easily be able to afford all three guys, whether or not Hahn can actually execute that plan is another story.

Wheeler will be the tough one. If I had to bet, I'd say he will be the free agent with the most teams interested in him. Everyone needs pitching and most cant afford Cole or Strasburg. He's the next prize.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He has a wRC+ of 126 over the past two years.  If you believe that’s the level of hitter he truly is, then he’s a perfectly capable DH.  Also, MLBTR rumors brought up that his defense while still not good in 2019 was significantly better than it was in 2018.  If there’s room for growth, then maybe that changes the calculus a bit.  Honestly, if his price is truly 4/$60M, I’m suddenly far more interested in him, but I’d still pursue Grandal & Wheeler.

Right, I mean if he’s in addition to Grandal and Wheeler and Sox can sign a glove first OF that isn’t a black hole on offense, signed me up for Castellanos all day long. I just don’t see that as it even remotely close to a realistic situation. This all also assumes that Jose Abreu is around.

18 minutes ago, tray said:

I would like to see Hahn go after Castellanos like a b1tch.....and that is going to mean out-bidding the cubs and a few other teams.

I wonder what it would take to get Benintendi from Boston.  Vaughn?  Or is  Vaughn on the no trade list/

You're going to move Eloy to DH or play him in RF?

Usually, trading for more expensive players and sacrificing some of our better/best prospects hasn't worked out well in the past...and it invariably leads to payroll issues.

In reality, they should let Benintendi try to recover some of his value and move Betts and attempt to compete on the fly by acquiring a (relative) haul for Betts (although that return will be depressed by the one year nature of the move.)

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sign Grandal, Castellanos, & Wheeler.

This lineup would be significantly better than last year:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B/DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C/DH/1B#
  6. Castallanos, RF
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Collins, DH* / McCann, C
  9. Madrigal, 2B

Add Amiyama to that, and id be sold. Really need an option so that Castellanos/Abreu can both DH regularly in that scenario. Drop Grandal tho, and I pretty much hate it. 

I would have Benintendi in RF and leave Eloy in Left.

My thought was that the WS might be able to but low on him given Benintendi's struggles last season.

Admittedly, I have no idea what buying low on Benintendi would entail in terms of trade value. 

Also, BoSox have a few contracts they want to unload which could be part of a potential deal I suppose.

Just now, tray said:

My thought was that the WS might be able to but low on him given Benintendi's struggles last season.

Admittedly, I have no idea what buying low on Benintendi would entail in terms of trade value. 

Also, BoSox have a few contracts they want to unload which could be part of a potential deal I suppose.

I don't think you're getting Benintendi on a buy-low deal. Maybe you could somehow get him if you wanted to buy some of Boston's bad contracts, but you're still going to have to give up something of value.

1 minute ago, tray said:

Red Sox aren't selling low on Benintendi.