Trade Candidates: Hitters

TheFutureIsNear

11 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

I hear Miguel Andujar  from The Yankees might be available. The Yankees don't want him playing 3rd with his horrible fielding and they have enough DH types so he could be shopped. Even though he hits right handed he could be a nice young cost controlled DH for a long time if he is recovered from his injury.

He'd cost a pretty penny.. Something we don't have.

16 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

I hear Miguel Andujar  from The Yankees might be available. The Yankees don't want him playing 3rd with his horrible fielding and they have enough DH types so he could be shopped. Even though he hits right handed he could be a nice young cost controlled DH for a long time if he is recovered from his injury.

WAY to expensive and not nearly good enough of a fit. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sure - but there is likely to be an "issue" with whomever we acquire to play RF.  At least with Peralta he shouldn't cost much via trade or 2020 AAV, isn't a long term commitment, he provides lineup balance, plus defense and plus OBP.  He is a pretty good fit.  If he were always healthy, he'd cost quite a bit more.  He's also really only had 2 injuries of substance in his 5 full major league seasons.  Not ideal, but 3 of the past 4 season he has appeared in 140+ games.  

I also feel like Leury would fill in for Peralta most days if he hit the IL, not Engel.  Peralta and Leury are also pretty good platoon mates.  

There is a difference between having a depth issue in case someone gets hurt and having a depth issue and signing an oft-injured player.

Here's an idea, Trade for Haniger AND sign Corey Dickerson. Dickerson is your primary DH, and spells Eloy and Haniger when necessary or take over left if Eloy continues to be a disaster. Leaves plenty of cash to throw at pitching. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

He'd cost a pretty penny.. Something we don't have.

well that's how 3 way trades are done. We give up young assets like Stiever, Walker etc to rebuilding team A who sends a good player to team B who sends a good player to team C( us. ) The thought of getting a player like  Andujar is a lot better to think about than some of the names i've been hearing here( Calhoun, Dickerson, etc). Just sayin

44 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

He is definitely going to be available but they need pitching.  Clint Frazier and Andujar is a nice starting point for the Yankees to get a SP.

2 hours ago, mqr said:

Here's an idea, Trade for Haniger AND sign Corey Dickerson. Dickerson is your primary DH, and spells Eloy and Haniger when necessary or take over left if Eloy continues to be a disaster. Leaves plenty of cash to throw at pitching. 

No Dickerson, he has a career 620 k's to 168 bb. We surely dont need more strikeouts.  Thats why I vouched for Murphy. 

5 hours ago, mqr said:

I’d 100% be ok with this assuming we miss on Grandal.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

How bout simply signing Avi to a two year deal at 10 mill a season and get a trainer to work with him to keep his hammy healthy. You can't tell me it's all on the player. It's training as well. He'd be grateful I bet at the 10 mill (maybe overpaying by two mill a season) and help us win. He was a starter for a playoff team last year. We need some reliable relievers and 2 starters folks. Sign them.

Not sure why this was laughed at...fully support that...very little negative in that

6 hours ago, mqr said:

All for Haniger if he can be had for cheap, but hardest of hard passes on Corey Dickerson

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Because you're trading assets to get Haniger and Tsutsugo is free. Make sense now?  

Yet you name Polanco and Nimmo right after that, who... you would have to trade assets to get. But hey, by all means keep moving those goal posts.

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yet you name Polanco and Nimmo right after that, who... you would have to trade assets to get. But hey, by all means keep moving those goal posts.

I think that Polanco would be virtually free, like Nova last year. Nimmo doesn't have that big of a track record either but I'd be willing to take that risk on him. 

Haniger bats right unlike Nimmo/Polanco and Nimmo/Polanco had their success at a younger age. Having one good season at age 27 just seems fishy to me. 

Edited by Jack Parkman