Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245

Vote4Pedro

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The phillies are in a worse position to win than the White Sox. 

I don't think wheeler was signing to hang out with bryce.

Never said he was. You have very strange takes on a lot of posts. But if Harper was here and not there, the White Sox might look a bit better to players . 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Never said he was. You have very strange takes on a lot of posts. But if Harper was here and not there, the White Sox might look a bit better to players . 

So what part of this scenario does Wheeler stop caring about his wifes family and staying out East?

If playing with Harper doesnt motivate him to sign, what are you arguing?

That if the sox overpaid harper, wheelers wife wouldn't matter anymore?

Not sure how I have a strange take. 

You literally insinuated that, maybe, if the sox signed harper last year wheeler would have accepted the offer this year from the sox. Why are those two things at all related?

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, and the sox would have 300 million dollars less to spend so...

I'll take the extra 300 

I would rather they spend it on good players than bad, and Harper would  have improved revenues, and would have instantly taken the team out of irrelevance both nationally and in Chicago.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I would rather they spend it on good players than bad, and Harper would  have improved revenues, and would have instantly taken the team out of irrelevance both nationally and in Chicago.

You know what helps take a team out of irrelevance? Winning.

Do you know what hampers winning? Giving 300 million to a guy who isnt worth 300 million when you have a payroll ceiling that isnt at the luxury tax #. 

So what part of this scenario does Wheeler stop caring about his wifes family and staying out East?

If playing with Harper doesnt motivate him to sign, what are you arguing?

That if the sox overpaid harper, wheelers wife wouldn't matter anymore?

Not sure how I have a strange take. 

You literally insinuated that, maybe, if the sox signed harper last year wheeler would have accepted the offer this year from the sox. Why are those two things at all related?

You are exhausting. The better the team the better the chance something like this doesn't happen. When did it happen to the Cubs or the Yankees or Red Sox? Machado supposedly wanted no part of the west coast due to family, but $50 million extra changed his mind . If the White Sox were a perennial contender and not a team whose best season was 78 wins the last several years things may be different.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You know what helps take a team out of irrelevance? Winning.

Do you know what hampers winning? Giving 300 million to a guy who isnt worth 300 million when you have a payroll ceiling that isnt at the luxury tax #. 

So spend it like they have been spending it. Really has worked out well. They did have that big 78 win season a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You are exhausting. The better the team the better the chance something like this doesn't happen. When did it happen to the Cubs or the Yankees or Red Sox? Machado supposedly wanted no part of the west coast due to family, but $50 million extra changed his mind . If the White Sox were a perennial contender and not a team whose best season was 78 wins the last several years things may be different.

And how does 3 WAR Bryce harper take the 72 win white sox and turn them into a perennial contender in one year?

If a player cares enough about a teams future and winning when signing, I think he'd do more research than looking at a press clipping for a Harper signing. The sox are in a better position to win over the next several years than the Phillies. 

Exhausting? You're still here pseudo b****ing about missing out on bryce Harper or manny machado. Its unbelievable really. Now you've taken it so far to insinuate maybe the sox lost out on wheeler because they didnt sign one of those guys. Its hilarious.

2 minutes ago, joemg311 said:

So lets say Rendon is cheaper than Cole or Strasburg... Would it be crazy to sign him, and then use Moncada as the centerpiece to acquire either a great young RF, or Starting pitcher? 

Moncada’s trade value is among the highest in baseball. You’d need BOTH a great RF and SP to move him. It would probably never work

And how does 3 WAR Bryce harper take the 72 win white sox and turn them into a perennial contender in one year?

If a player cares enough about a teams future and winning when signing, I think he'd do more research than looking at a press clipping for a Harper signing. The sox are in a better position to win over the next several years than the Phillies. 

Exhausting? You're still here pseudo b****ing about missing out on bryce Harper or manny machado. Its unbelievable really. Now you've taken it so far to insinuate maybe the sox lost out on wheeler because they didnt sign one of those guys. Its hilarious.

4.6 f WAR. Not 3. Plus he excites the fanbase. Generates more interest. It goes on and on.  He was actually  perfect for the White Sox situation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joemg311 said:

So lets say Rendon is cheaper than Cole or Strasburg... Would it be crazy to sign him, and then use Moncada as the centerpiece to acquire either a great young RF, or Starting pitcher? 

It is interesting to me that out of the thousands of posts I've read in multiple threads here, I'm pretty sure this is the first one I've seen where someone suggested trading any of the young MLB position player core. Collins, yes. A couple of the young pitchers, yes. But I dont remember seeing any Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez trade suggestions. Maybe one with Anderson....

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yoan was bad at second. I'm not sure if Sox fans remember how bad he was over there; I don't think the scenario should be Yoan going back to second in any scenario.

But just because Yoan was bad at second doesn't mean he can't improve. He has the tools to be an average to above average 2nd baseman. I'd rather have Madrigal there.

So no one is talking about moving Madrigal to ss and TA to RF?? 

• Haha 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245